Alternative Christmas Carols in Hitchin this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is a time for celebrating and parties – and this year three North Herts artists are donating their time free of charge to help bring the festive spirit to Hitchin.
Cara Beard, Dallenger and Beth Hedges will be performing in Hitchin’s Alternative Christmas Carols at Hitchin Town Hall this Sunday evening.
Matt Summerfield from the Hitchin Christian Centre, who is joint-hosting the event, said: “It’s great to see so many local people donating time and energy to this event.
“We’re hoping to bring together people from across our community to celebrate Christmas and have a fantastic evening.”
Cara said: “I’m really excited to be part of this event – Hitchin is a great town and I’ve had some great times gigging here regularly over the years.
“This will be a great evening to kick off the festive season, and I’m really looking forward to playing my renditions of two of my favourite Christmas-themed songs!”
The evening offers the artists the chance to get their music out to a wider audience, and is intended as an alternative festive option to the traditional carol services.
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 7 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 8 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 9 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
There will be a pay bar and singalong carols, and photographers Blossom and Stan will be there with a free photo booth.
To find out more about the evening, see hitchinchristmas.org.