Alternative Christmas Carols in Hitchin this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is a time for celebrating and parties – and this year three North Herts artists are donating their time free of charge to help bring the festive spirit to Hitchin.
Cara Beard, Dallenger and Beth Hedges will be performing in Hitchin’s Alternative Christmas Carols at Hitchin Town Hall this Sunday evening.
Matt Summerfield from the Hitchin Christian Centre, who is joint-hosting the event, said: “It’s great to see so many local people donating time and energy to this event.
“We’re hoping to bring together people from across our community to celebrate Christmas and have a fantastic evening.”
Cara said: “I’m really excited to be part of this event – Hitchin is a great town and I’ve had some great times gigging here regularly over the years.
You may also want to watch:
“This will be a great evening to kick off the festive season, and I’m really looking forward to playing my renditions of two of my favourite Christmas-themed songs!”
The evening offers the artists the chance to get their music out to a wider audience, and is intended as an alternative festive option to the traditional carol services.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
There will be a pay bar and singalong carols, and photographers Blossom and Stan will be there with a free photo booth.
To find out more about the evening, see hitchinchristmas.org.