Alternative Christmas Carols in Hitchin this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is a time for celebrating and parties – and this year three North Herts artists are donating their time free of charge to help bring the festive spirit to Hitchin.
Cara Beard, Dallenger and Beth Hedges will be performing in Hitchin’s Alternative Christmas Carols at Hitchin Town Hall this Sunday evening.
Matt Summerfield from the Hitchin Christian Centre, who is joint-hosting the event, said: “It’s great to see so many local people donating time and energy to this event.
“We’re hoping to bring together people from across our community to celebrate Christmas and have a fantastic evening.”
Cara said: “I’m really excited to be part of this event – Hitchin is a great town and I’ve had some great times gigging here regularly over the years.
“This will be a great evening to kick off the festive season, and I’m really looking forward to playing my renditions of two of my favourite Christmas-themed songs!”
The evening offers the artists the chance to get their music out to a wider audience, and is intended as an alternative festive option to the traditional carol services.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
There will be a pay bar and singalong carols, and photographers Blossom and Stan will be there with a free photo booth.
To find out more about the evening, see hitchinchristmas.org.