All the cosmopolitan capitals under one roof – cityspace artist Henderson Cisz to visit Gallery 1066 in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Fans of cityscape painting are in for a treat in Baldock this month when award-winning Brazilian artist Henderson Cisz comes to town.
Globe-trotting maestro Henderson will be at Gallery 1066 in Hitchin Road on Friday, September 16, from 7pm to 9pm.
And art lovers will have the chance to have paintings personally dedicated by the artist himself.
“Henderon’s diverse collection brings the world’s defining skylines all under one roof,” said Gallery 1066’s Tara Parmer.
“Depicting the world’s most romantic cities in his delicate style, his works make us fall in love with the elegant boulevards of Paris and the skyscrapers of New York all over again.”
Henderson grew up in a small village in Parana state, south-west of São Paolo, and knew he had a talent from an early age – but considered it only a hobby and initially embarked on a career as a banker instead.
In his mid-20s he realised art was more to him than a mere interest, and in 1986 he moved to London to study painting. Since then he has travelled throughout Europe, Australia and South America.
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
The quietly-spoken artist works in his west London studio from hundreds of photographs taken at a given location – and cites the effect of the rain on an urban landscape as one of his favourite effects.
“Inspired by the cosmopolitan capitals of the world, Henderson’s love and admiration for the dynamic nature and liveliness of the city is felt through his soft painterly approach,” said Tara.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming the public to this exciting evening and sharing all this with you.”
To reserve your place on the guest list give Gallery 1066 a call on 01462 896164.