All the cosmopolitan capitals under one roof – cityspace artist Henderson Cisz to visit Gallery 1066 in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Fans of cityscape painting are in for a treat in Baldock this month when award-winning Brazilian artist Henderson Cisz comes to town.
Globe-trotting maestro Henderson will be at Gallery 1066 in Hitchin Road on Friday, September 16, from 7pm to 9pm.
And art lovers will have the chance to have paintings personally dedicated by the artist himself.
“Henderon’s diverse collection brings the world’s defining skylines all under one roof,” said Gallery 1066’s Tara Parmer.
“Depicting the world’s most romantic cities in his delicate style, his works make us fall in love with the elegant boulevards of Paris and the skyscrapers of New York all over again.”
You may also want to watch:
Henderson grew up in a small village in Parana state, south-west of São Paolo, and knew he had a talent from an early age – but considered it only a hobby and initially embarked on a career as a banker instead.
In his mid-20s he realised art was more to him than a mere interest, and in 1986 he moved to London to study painting. Since then he has travelled throughout Europe, Australia and South America.
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 3 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 4 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 9 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 10 NHS staff offered free massages as thank you for pandemic efforts
The quietly-spoken artist works in his west London studio from hundreds of photographs taken at a given location – and cites the effect of the rain on an urban landscape as one of his favourite effects.
“Inspired by the cosmopolitan capitals of the world, Henderson’s love and admiration for the dynamic nature and liveliness of the city is felt through his soft painterly approach,” said Tara.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming the public to this exciting evening and sharing all this with you.”
To reserve your place on the guest list give Gallery 1066 a call on 01462 896164.