Alice gets set to step onto Stevenage stage for Gordon Craig Theatre’s big Easter show
- Credit: Archant
The magical world of Alice in Wonderland, created more than 150 years ago by Lewis Carroll, has been the inspiration for many different interpretations over the years – from the famous Tenniel illustrations of the original to Disney’s animated version and Tim Burton’s more recent effort featuring Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter.
And the team at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre are adding to that creative canon with this year’s big Easter family show at the Stevenage venue, which opens tomorrow.
With book, music and lyrics by Catherine Lomax, Khiley Williams and Phil Dennis, the show gives its audience the chance to chase the White Rabbit and join Alice as she explores a delightful world full of curious characters.
This children’s classic, featuring Jenna Boyd and Abbie Chambers, above left, includes brand new songs which aim to get the toes tapping.
The curtain goes up on a gala performance at 4pm tomorrow afternoon, and after that there are two shows every day throughout the Easter weekend, with none of them starting so late that you need to worry about the little ones missing their bedtime.
You may also want to watch:
There are 1.30pm and 4.30pm shows tomorrow, Friday, then Saturday sees the team take to the stage at 2.30pm and 6pm. On Sunday and Monday the schedule returns to the same performance times as Friday.
Call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk to check on box office availability, all tickets are £15.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?