Alfie Boe to headline Newmarket Nights concert
- Credit: supplied by Chuff Media,
West End star and classical tenor Alfie Boe will headline a concert at Newmarket Racecourses next summer.
Musical theatre master Alfie Boe will make his Newmarket Nights debut on Friday, August 14, 2020.
Sophie Able, general manager of Newmarket Racecourses, said: "We're very excited to be welcoming Alfie Boe to the July Course on Friday, August 14.
"Alfie Boe has one of the most recognisable voices in musical theatre and we can't wait to see him bring the magic of the West End to Newmarket."
Famous for his roles in Les Miserables, Alfie Boe is the latest The Jockey Club Live concert announced for Newmarket Racecourses in 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets go on general sale tomorrow (Friday, December 20) just in time for Christmas, with a presale available to customers now.
Tickets are also on sale for The Script (Friday, June 19), Bryan Ferry (Friday, June 26), Rick Astley (Friday, July 31), Jack Savoretti (Friday, August 7) and McFly (Summer Saturday Live, Saturday, August 29).
Ever since he exploded onto the music scene nearly 20 years ago, Alfie has racked up one extraordinary achievement after another.
- 1 Plans for new block of flats on Matalan site gets green light
- 2 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 3 'Please just give us the COVID-19 vaccine,' pleads headteacher as schools reopen
- 4 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 5 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 6 Body found in search for missing woman
- 7 International Women's Day: A homage to those who have inspired us this year
- 8 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found
He has multiple number one albums to his credit, while Together, Together Again and Back Together, his collaborations with good friend Michael Ball, have sold over a million copies.
Having performed in some of the world's greatest classical venues, he also has the rare ability to bring together all sorts of music lovers.
Not many artists can lay claim to having appeared in the West End theatre, Broadway with lead roles in Les Miserables, La Boheme, which won him a Tony Award, and a spectacular orchestral version of the classic The Who rock album Quadrophenia.
He is a singer who transcends categories.
"When I look at the crowd at my concerts," he says, "I can see I've got Who fans, classical fans, musical theatre fans and jazz fans as well."
Having completed a 16-week sold-out run returning to the role of Jean Valjean in Les Miserables, which streamed the final show live to cinemas making it a big box office hit, Alfie will be headlining his own concert at Newmarket Nights.
He will be performing some of his favourite songs and well-known West End hits at the Suffolk racecourse.
Tickets go on sale at 8am on Friday, December 20 via thejockeyclublive.co.uk
Tickets are priced starting at £30.24 (inclusive of transaction fees).