Ale drink to that...here’s a heads up to music galore at this weekend’s Baldock Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
They’ll be starting to pull pints for the ninth Baldock Independent Beer Festival on Friday and the ale will continue to flow all weekend – and there’s plenty of music being laid on to make sure the event really rocks.
Booked to play on the main stage are the likes of stadium hard rock band New Device, world-touring girl rockers JoanOvArc, North Herts reggae legends The SGs and 80s tribute act Our Friends Electric.
And if you fancy something a little less frantic to accompany your favourite tipple, there’s an acoustic stage, too – volunteers from the annual Balstock music festival will be supervising that show, raising funds for September’s big event.
Acts lined up include Indi & The Vegas, Schrödinger’s Strings, Roxy Searle, Midnight Drives, Rob Eaton & The Keebles and many more.
The festival is based at the town’s Brandles School in Weston Way, running from 5pm to 11pm on Friday, noon to 11pm on Saturday and noon to 8pm on Sunday.
Festival committee member Stuart Johnston says: “Since the start of the beer festival the music side has grown bigger each year.
“We’re really excited to have some of the best local bands performing over the weekend, so come down and enjoy great music and beer!”
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 3 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 8 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 9 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 10 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
Balstock organiser G LaRoche added: “The beer is the main attraction at this event, but with music acts this good the ale will be flippin’ incredible!”
Find out more online at www.baldockbeerfestival.org.