Ale drink to that...here’s a heads up to music galore at this weekend’s Baldock Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
They’ll be starting to pull pints for the ninth Baldock Independent Beer Festival on Friday and the ale will continue to flow all weekend – and there’s plenty of music being laid on to make sure the event really rocks.
Booked to play on the main stage are the likes of stadium hard rock band New Device, world-touring girl rockers JoanOvArc, North Herts reggae legends The SGs and 80s tribute act Our Friends Electric.
And if you fancy something a little less frantic to accompany your favourite tipple, there’s an acoustic stage, too – volunteers from the annual Balstock music festival will be supervising that show, raising funds for September’s big event.
Acts lined up include Indi & The Vegas, Schrödinger’s Strings, Roxy Searle, Midnight Drives, Rob Eaton & The Keebles and many more.
The festival is based at the town’s Brandles School in Weston Way, running from 5pm to 11pm on Friday, noon to 11pm on Saturday and noon to 8pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Festival committee member Stuart Johnston says: “Since the start of the beer festival the music side has grown bigger each year.
“We’re really excited to have some of the best local bands performing over the weekend, so come down and enjoy great music and beer!”
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
Balstock organiser G LaRoche added: “The beer is the main attraction at this event, but with music acts this good the ale will be flippin’ incredible!”
Find out more online at www.baldockbeerfestival.org.