Albion quartet’s seasonal set offers fresh selections at Hitchin Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
With this weekend’s annual St Agnes Fountain concert at Hitchin Folk Club already sold out, there’s just one more chance to cock an ear to what’s on offer at the Sun Street venue before the end of the year.
That comes on Sunday, December 20 – but don’t hang about, because organisers confidently expect the eagerly-anticipated appearance of the Albion Christmas Band to be a hot ticket, too.
Talking of tickets, it’s £15 members and £17 non-members as long as there are any left – check out www.hitchinfolkclub.co.uk for availability.
The band features the combined and considerable talents of Fairport Convention founder member Simon Nicol on guitar and vocals, the Albion Band’s Kellie While on acoustic guitar, vocals and percussion, Simon Care (Edward II) on melodeons, and the Guv’nor himself and Ashley Hutchings – another Fairport founder who also has the Albion Band and Steeleye Span on his CV, on bass and vocals.
It’s an evening of traditional Christmas songs interspersed with seasonal monologues and the odd instrumental, performed by four of the finest musicians around.
You may also want to watch:
Kellie is no stranger to the Sun Hotel stage, having played there in many guises over the years, and Simon freely admits to have been in short trousers when he first visited the club with his mum and dad.
Simon and Ashley also have many appearances to their name, and they’ll all be looking forward to meeting old friends and serving up a special slice of seasonal entertainment on the last Sunday before Christmas.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 4 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 7 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV