Albion quartet’s seasonal set offers fresh selections at Hitchin Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
With this weekend’s annual St Agnes Fountain concert at Hitchin Folk Club already sold out, there’s just one more chance to cock an ear to what’s on offer at the Sun Street venue before the end of the year.
That comes on Sunday, December 20 – but don’t hang about, because organisers confidently expect the eagerly-anticipated appearance of the Albion Christmas Band to be a hot ticket, too.
Talking of tickets, it’s £15 members and £17 non-members as long as there are any left – check out www.hitchinfolkclub.co.uk for availability.
The band features the combined and considerable talents of Fairport Convention founder member Simon Nicol on guitar and vocals, the Albion Band’s Kellie While on acoustic guitar, vocals and percussion, Simon Care (Edward II) on melodeons, and the Guv’nor himself and Ashley Hutchings – another Fairport founder who also has the Albion Band and Steeleye Span on his CV, on bass and vocals.
It’s an evening of traditional Christmas songs interspersed with seasonal monologues and the odd instrumental, performed by four of the finest musicians around.
You may also want to watch:
Kellie is no stranger to the Sun Hotel stage, having played there in many guises over the years, and Simon freely admits to have been in short trousers when he first visited the club with his mum and dad.
Simon and Ashley also have many appearances to their name, and they’ll all be looking forward to meeting old friends and serving up a special slice of seasonal entertainment on the last Sunday before Christmas.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 4 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?