Afternoon opportunity in Hitchin to catch rising young violinist Emmanuel, who certainly has a name to live up to!
- Credit: Archant
A mother and son violin and piano recital at Hitchin’s Benslow Music on Monday features a name which is sure to make people up and take notice.
Emmanuel Bach will be accompanied by Jenny Stern at the venue’s first afternoon recital of the new year, which starts at 3pm.
Emmanuel is an exciting young talent who is studying for a masters degree at the Royal College of Music.
That follows on from music studies at Oxford, where he gained a double first.
His studies have not prevented him building an impressive range of experience in recitals, which has seen him performing in solo slots and as an ensemble player, in France, Germany and South Africa as well as in UK.
You may also want to watch:
His mother Jenny is also an enormously experienced performer and teacher with more than 500 performances in prestigious venues to her credit. Together they will be playing works by Mozart, Enescu, Kreisler and Saint-Saens as well as music created by Peter White, who will be in the audience on Monday.
The hour-long programme is designed to suit most musical tastes and is followed by tea and cakes provided by the Friends of Benslow Music Trust – a sumptuous spread of food and music for £8, visit www.benslowmusic.org for full details.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?