Actors of Bread, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks fame star in Stevenage play
THREE television stars head the cast of a period comedy coming to Stevenage on Tuesday, which promises a frenzy of hilarious misunderstandings and mistaken identities.
Giles Watling of BBC sitcom Bread fame, former Emmerdale actor Ben Freeman and Jennifer Bidall - who starred in Hollyoaks for three years - have teamed up for Love’s a Luxury, which follows the trials and tribulations of a married theatrical producer who proves very popular with the ladies.
Despite Charles Pentwick’s attempts to escape the clutches of gorgeous actresses and attractive chorus girls, the successful producer flees to a country cottage only to find more temptation and trouble as a result.
Ian Dickens Productions are behind the show which will be the first of three productions at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre this month as part of their ‘Play Season’.
The first performance of Love’s a Luxury comes to the theatre on Tuesday, September 7, at 7.45pm, with daily evening showings until Saturday, September 11.
You may also want to watch:
There are also two 2.30pm matinee performances on Thursday and Saturday.
Tickets start from �16 and can be purchased by calling the Gordon Craig Theatre’s box office on 01438 363200 or visiting www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 10 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award