Actors of Bread, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks fame star in Stevenage play
THREE television stars head the cast of a period comedy coming to Stevenage on Tuesday, which promises a frenzy of hilarious misunderstandings and mistaken identities.
Giles Watling of BBC sitcom Bread fame, former Emmerdale actor Ben Freeman and Jennifer Bidall - who starred in Hollyoaks for three years - have teamed up for Love’s a Luxury, which follows the trials and tribulations of a married theatrical producer who proves very popular with the ladies.
Despite Charles Pentwick’s attempts to escape the clutches of gorgeous actresses and attractive chorus girls, the successful producer flees to a country cottage only to find more temptation and trouble as a result.
Ian Dickens Productions are behind the show which will be the first of three productions at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre this month as part of their ‘Play Season’.
The first performance of Love’s a Luxury comes to the theatre on Tuesday, September 7, at 7.45pm, with daily evening showings until Saturday, September 11.
You may also want to watch:
There are also two 2.30pm matinee performances on Thursday and Saturday.
Tickets start from �16 and can be purchased by calling the Gordon Craig Theatre’s box office on 01438 363200 or visiting www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 6 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 Unbeaten run over but Alex Revell disappointed with manner of Salford defeat
- 9 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV