Acoustic appeal as bands line up for Baldock pub benefit
- Credit: Archant
Music fans can plug in to a second acoustic fundraiser aiming to help kickstart a charity tour of Japan on Friday night.
The free benefit gig at the Orange Tree pub in Baldock follows on from a similar event staged as a joint Rootz/Balstock promotion at Hitchin’s Club 85 last month.
Organisers are promising a top line-up including JoanOvArc – the all-girl rockers with Stevenage roots who are aiming to make the Japan trip – along with no fewer than nine support acts including Indi & The Vegas, Arc Angels, Damn Near Drowned and Andrea Wilde.
The first act kicks off at 7pm sharp and there will be collection buckets on the night with landlord Rob Scahill also pledging a percentage of the bar takings for the charity cause.
Balstock’s G. LaRoche, who will also be performing and will be supporting JoanovArc on the Japan trip to play charity gigs in aid of earthquake victims, said: “I’m very excited to have the absolute cream of Balstock acts mixed with Rootz up-and-coming talents. This should be a spectacular and memorable night.”
You may also want to watch:
Rob Rodriguez of Rootz added: “This is the local music scene seeking to make a difference within the global community while providing a showcase opportunity for new young talent.”
- 1 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 4 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 5 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 6 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 7 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 10 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'