Accordions at the ready for a Stevenage show featuring flying fingers
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve never heard of the Stevenage Accordion Group, there’s a chance to put that right on Saturday.
The five-piece ensemble is putting on an afternoon show at the town’s Lytton Theatre, with the music starting at 3pm.
Tickets for the showcase at the venue in Vardon Road, Pin Green, are £6 (£5 concessions) and you can book yours by calling 07941 278263.
Also at the theatre, the next Lytton Players production, pulling into town for four days from Wednesday, April 20, is the company’s take on classic mystery farce The Ghost Train.
Director and producer Dave Slade is leading the team which is putting the finishing touches to the show, written in the 1920s by Arnold Ridley – Private Godfrey from Dad’s Army – and a theatrical staple ever since.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are only £7 for the first two nights of the run and £8.50 for the Friday and Saturday shows. Call 01438 357407 to reserve yours, or visit www.lyttonplayers.co.uk.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 5 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 6 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 7 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 8 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 9 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 10 'Bring it on!' Hitchin charity shops welcome back first customers