Accordions at the ready for a Stevenage show featuring flying fingers
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve never heard of the Stevenage Accordion Group, there’s a chance to put that right on Saturday.
The five-piece ensemble is putting on an afternoon show at the town’s Lytton Theatre, with the music starting at 3pm.
Tickets for the showcase at the venue in Vardon Road, Pin Green, are £6 (£5 concessions) and you can book yours by calling 07941 278263.
Also at the theatre, the next Lytton Players production, pulling into town for four days from Wednesday, April 20, is the company’s take on classic mystery farce The Ghost Train.
Director and producer Dave Slade is leading the team which is putting the finishing touches to the show, written in the 1920s by Arnold Ridley – Private Godfrey from Dad’s Army – and a theatrical staple ever since.
Tickets are only £7 for the first two nights of the run and £8.50 for the Friday and Saturday shows. Call 01438 357407 to reserve yours, or visit www.lyttonplayers.co.uk.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 Madness to headline Standon Calling festival's Thursday line-up of music