Abstract start to the new year in Letchworth
THE first exhibition of the New Year promises to be an abstract one at Letchworth Art Centre.
The main gallery will host the Mojos art group with a showcase of works by Helen Seglah, Amanda Jones, Elaine Kelly and Anne Jane Kerr in photography, glasswork, painting and oils.
Helen, who is studying photography at the University of Hertfordshire, said the group is “enabling me to develop my own unique style and develop it further. I try to create a story behind each image and try to connect that story with the viewer”.
Elaine, who lives on a canal boat in Herts and works in pastels, acrylic, silk painting, printmaking, photography and sculpture said she draws much of her inspiration from her travels.
“My greatest loves for inspiration include Tibet, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand, although I have also worked in India, Morocco, Jamaica and parts of Europe,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition, which is sure to excite fans of abstract art, opened on January 6 and runs until January 28.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers