Abstract start to the new year in Letchworth
THE first exhibition of the New Year promises to be an abstract one at Letchworth Art Centre.
The main gallery will host the Mojos art group with a showcase of works by Helen Seglah, Amanda Jones, Elaine Kelly and Anne Jane Kerr in photography, glasswork, painting and oils.
Helen, who is studying photography at the University of Hertfordshire, said the group is “enabling me to develop my own unique style and develop it further. I try to create a story behind each image and try to connect that story with the viewer”.
Elaine, who lives on a canal boat in Herts and works in pastels, acrylic, silk painting, printmaking, photography and sculpture said she draws much of her inspiration from her travels.
“My greatest loves for inspiration include Tibet, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand, although I have also worked in India, Morocco, Jamaica and parts of Europe,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition, which is sure to excite fans of abstract art, opened on January 6 and runs until January 28.
- 1 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 8 Controversial plan for 600 homes forges ahead
- 9 Helicopter and armed police hunt weapon suspects
- 10 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school