A wizard show
LOCAL talent will be putting on a performance of The Wizard of Oz at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. This musical masterpiece first became a huge hit in 1939 when it was made into a film starring Judy Garland as the intrepid young explorer, Dorothy
LOCAL talent will be putting on a performance of The Wizard of Oz at The Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage.
This musical masterpiece first became a huge hit in 1939 when it was made into a film starring Judy Garland as the intrepid young explorer, Dorothy.
Since then generations of children have grown up singing the songs and watching the adventures of Dorothy, Toto, the scarecrow, the tin man and the cowardly lion on their audacious journey to the Emerald City.
This production, written by the Royal Shakespeare Company, returns the story to where it was originally intended to be - on the stage.
You may also want to watch:
The principal performers live in Hertfordshire and will be ably assisted on stage by 34 eight to16-year-olds from Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, who auditioned with almost 100 other children.
The classic will be performed from April 11 to April 14 and tickets start at £9.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 8 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
* CHILDREN'S TV presenter Dave Benson Phillips - from Playdays, Fun Song Factory and Playhouse Disney - will be coming to the Gordon Craig Theatre.
Dave and Big Bear will be encouraging children to get up, sing songs, join in with the actions and have fun.
The show, aimed at children under six, takes place at 1pm and 3.30pm on April 1.
Tickets are £9 each or £32 for a family of four
* SPIRIT medium Derek Acorah is coming to Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre on Friday and Saturday, April 6 and 7.
He was the resident medium for Living TV's Most Haunted and now has his own show on Living TV - Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns.
Tickets are £17.50.
For details and tickets for all the above shows, call the box office on 08700 131 030 or log on to www.gordon-craig.co.uk