A taste of the country as Knebworth adds a new date to its summer events calendar
- Credit: Archant
Knebworth House is set to host a new two-day country show this summer.
The Knebworth Country Show is planned for the weekend of Saturday and Sunday, July 9 and 10, and organisers promise a family-orientated feast of fun which will boast everything from world-class field sports competitions to have-a-go opportunities.
The Countryman Fairs weekend will also offer hundreds of exhibition stands, picnic areas, a jam-packed main arena schedule, children’s entertainment, food festival, craft and antiques fairs and live folk music.
A Knebworth House spokesman said: “We are delighted to announce the new show.
“There will be countryside activities, championship events, entertainment and first-class demonstrations.”
Arena events will include ‘Lamb National’ sheep racing, Europe’s number one stunt and trick riding team The Devil’s Horsemen and the Rockwood Dog Display stunt dog team. There will also be a clay pigeon shooting festival, gundog championships and archery.
The box office for tickets is now open. Visitors can save up to £6 per ticket by taking advantage of the early-bird discount and purchasing them before 12 noon on July 6.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map
- 10 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
An advance one-day adult ticket costs £13. Adult tickets priced £15 will be available at the entrance each day.
For more information, visit www.knebworthcountryshow.co.uk.