A taste of the country as Knebworth adds a new date to its summer events calendar
- Credit: Archant
Knebworth House is set to host a new two-day country show this summer.
The Knebworth Country Show is planned for the weekend of Saturday and Sunday, July 9 and 10, and organisers promise a family-orientated feast of fun which will boast everything from world-class field sports competitions to have-a-go opportunities.
The Countryman Fairs weekend will also offer hundreds of exhibition stands, picnic areas, a jam-packed main arena schedule, children’s entertainment, food festival, craft and antiques fairs and live folk music.
A Knebworth House spokesman said: “We are delighted to announce the new show.
“There will be countryside activities, championship events, entertainment and first-class demonstrations.”
You may also want to watch:
Arena events will include ‘Lamb National’ sheep racing, Europe’s number one stunt and trick riding team The Devil’s Horsemen and the Rockwood Dog Display stunt dog team. There will also be a clay pigeon shooting festival, gundog championships and archery.
The box office for tickets is now open. Visitors can save up to £6 per ticket by taking advantage of the early-bird discount and purchasing them before 12 noon on July 6.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
An advance one-day adult ticket costs £13. Adult tickets priced £15 will be available at the entrance each day.
For more information, visit www.knebworthcountryshow.co.uk.