A taste of the country as Knebworth adds a new date to its summer events calendar
- Credit: Archant
Knebworth House is set to host a new two-day country show this summer.
The Knebworth Country Show is planned for the weekend of Saturday and Sunday, July 9 and 10, and organisers promise a family-orientated feast of fun which will boast everything from world-class field sports competitions to have-a-go opportunities.
The Countryman Fairs weekend will also offer hundreds of exhibition stands, picnic areas, a jam-packed main arena schedule, children’s entertainment, food festival, craft and antiques fairs and live folk music.
A Knebworth House spokesman said: “We are delighted to announce the new show.
“There will be countryside activities, championship events, entertainment and first-class demonstrations.”
You may also want to watch:
Arena events will include ‘Lamb National’ sheep racing, Europe’s number one stunt and trick riding team The Devil’s Horsemen and the Rockwood Dog Display stunt dog team. There will also be a clay pigeon shooting festival, gundog championships and archery.
The box office for tickets is now open. Visitors can save up to £6 per ticket by taking advantage of the early-bird discount and purchasing them before 12 noon on July 6.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
An advance one-day adult ticket costs £13. Adult tickets priced £15 will be available at the entrance each day.
For more information, visit www.knebworthcountryshow.co.uk.