A play and an exhibition to keep you captive
AN AMERICAN doctor, an Irish journalist and a British academic are held hostage in the Middle East. Find out how they overcome their prejudices to stay alive in a Bancroft Players Fringe Production of Someone Who ll Watch Over Me. The play by Frank McGui
AN AMERICAN doctor, an Irish journalist and a British academic are held hostage in the Middle East.
Find out how they overcome their prejudices to stay alive in a Bancroft Players Fringe Production of Someone Who'll Watch Over Me.
The play by Frank McGuiness is on at The Queen Mother Theatre from Wednesday to Saturday, June 14-17. Performances are at 7.45 each evening.
Tickets are £6, concessions £4.
* WANT to get a taste of the wine business?
The Hitchin Bancroft Players' resident wine merchant Noel Downes will conduct a tutored wine tasting in the bar of The Queen Mother Theatre from 8pm tomorrow (Friday) with Eight Bottles and a Corkscrew.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
As well as talking about the wine business Noel will hold a tasting competition.
Entry is £6, payable on the night. For more details contact Roger or Maureen Nobes on 01462 436816.
* HITCHIN Town Band take to the theatre's stage tomorrow (Saturday) with a selection from across all genres.
The band, which has been in existence since 1860, were finalists in last year's National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain.
Tickets £6.50, concessions £5.
* For details of the above events call the theatre box office on 01462 455166 or log on to www.queen mothertheatre. org.uk