A ‘peach’ of a show visits Knebworth
A CHILDREN’S classic is to be brought to the stage next week in an open-air production at Knebworth.
A theatre adaptation of Roald Dahl’s famous book, James and the Giant Peach, is being performed by open-air specialists Illyria Theatre in the gardens at Knebworth House.
The evening production on Thursday, August 19, will tell the popular tale of orphan James who, after escaping his two terrible Aunts, embarks on an adventure of a life time – courtesy of a giant peach.
The audience are invited to bring a rug and a picnic for the event, to be held on Knebworth’s sunken lawn.
Martha Lytton Cobbold, of Knebworth House, said: “Our open air theatre productions are always popular and we are particularly looking forward to this latest show which has already attracted a lot of interest.”
Gates open at 6pm for a 7pm start.
Tickets are �12.50 for adults, �7.50 for children.
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 9 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
A family ticket for two adults and two children costs �34.
For further information visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com or call 01438 810931.