A ‘peach’ of a show visits Knebworth
A CHILDREN’S classic is to be brought to the stage next week in an open-air production at Knebworth.
A theatre adaptation of Roald Dahl’s famous book, James and the Giant Peach, is being performed by open-air specialists Illyria Theatre in the gardens at Knebworth House.
The evening production on Thursday, August 19, will tell the popular tale of orphan James who, after escaping his two terrible Aunts, embarks on an adventure of a life time – courtesy of a giant peach.
The audience are invited to bring a rug and a picnic for the event, to be held on Knebworth’s sunken lawn.
Martha Lytton Cobbold, of Knebworth House, said: “Our open air theatre productions are always popular and we are particularly looking forward to this latest show which has already attracted a lot of interest.”
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 6pm for a 7pm start.
Tickets are �12.50 for adults, �7.50 for children.
- 1 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 2 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 3 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes
- 4 Huge maturity from Stevenage's on-loan Chelsea man Jamie Cumming as he deals with 'the life of a keeper'
- 5 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 6 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 7 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 8 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 9 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 10 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
A family ticket for two adults and two children costs �34.
For further information visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com or call 01438 810931.