A ‘peach’ of a show visits Knebworth
A CHILDREN’S classic is to be brought to the stage next week in an open-air production at Knebworth.
A theatre adaptation of Roald Dahl’s famous book, James and the Giant Peach, is being performed by open-air specialists Illyria Theatre in the gardens at Knebworth House.
The evening production on Thursday, August 19, will tell the popular tale of orphan James who, after escaping his two terrible Aunts, embarks on an adventure of a life time – courtesy of a giant peach.
The audience are invited to bring a rug and a picnic for the event, to be held on Knebworth’s sunken lawn.
Martha Lytton Cobbold, of Knebworth House, said: “Our open air theatre productions are always popular and we are particularly looking forward to this latest show which has already attracted a lot of interest.”
Gates open at 6pm for a 7pm start.
Tickets are �12.50 for adults, �7.50 for children.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
A family ticket for two adults and two children costs �34.
For further information visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com or call 01438 810931.