A ‘peach’ of a show visits Knebworth
A CHILDREN’S classic is to be brought to the stage next week in an open-air production at Knebworth.
A theatre adaptation of Roald Dahl’s famous book, James and the Giant Peach, is being performed by open-air specialists Illyria Theatre in the gardens at Knebworth House.
The evening production on Thursday, August 19, will tell the popular tale of orphan James who, after escaping his two terrible Aunts, embarks on an adventure of a life time – courtesy of a giant peach.
The audience are invited to bring a rug and a picnic for the event, to be held on Knebworth’s sunken lawn.
Martha Lytton Cobbold, of Knebworth House, said: “Our open air theatre productions are always popular and we are particularly looking forward to this latest show which has already attracted a lot of interest.”
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 6pm for a 7pm start.
Tickets are �12.50 for adults, �7.50 for children.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
A family ticket for two adults and two children costs �34.
For further information visit the website at www.knebworthhouse.com or call 01438 810931.