A little Light music allows Hitchin audiences to get into that Christmas spirit
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 musicians playing at the best party in town – that’s the pre-Christmas promise from the team at Hitchin Light Orchestra, which will be blasting out seasonal standards and other offerings at its new performance home next week.
For their performance at North Herts College’s Cambridge Road base next Tuesday evening, they’re teaming up with WD Radio, the improvisation project based at the town’s Wilshere Dacre School.
That’s also the rehearsal home of the open access orchestra, which meets every Tuesday evening and as well as regular performances in the town regularly mounts concert tours abroad.
There’s a licensed bar laid on and you can book £10 tickets from Chris Pyne on 01462 431206, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The music starts at 7.30pm, and it doesn’t stop there.
On Thursday, December 10 , other arms of the Hitchin Music Project will be showing what they can do at the Walsworth Road Baptist Church.
On the bill will be Funky Strings, Garage Clarinets and the WD Vocal Project – all aiming to perform to the highest standard while having as much fun as possible. The concert starts at 7pm and again tickets are £10 and available from Chris.
To find out more about the various strands offered by the Hitchin Music Project, visit www.hitchinmusicproject.org.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin