A helping of soap on the menu at new café
SWITCH off your TV sets, head down to Café Operetta, Hitchin, sit back and watch the drama of a live comedy soap opera unfold around you. The new outdoor café, in the courtyard next to the Market Theatre, serves drinks and snacks with a twist. Customers b
SWITCH off your TV sets, head down to Café Operetta, Hitchin, sit back and watch the drama of a live comedy soap opera unfold around you.
The new outdoor café, in the courtyard next to the Market Theatre, serves drinks and snacks with a twist.
Customers become the audience as the waiters and waitresses become the characters in a 15 minute show each week.
Called Weekenders, the story centres round the Lasagne family - a group of reprobates who have taken over the franchise of Café Operetta.
You may also want to watch:
The cast features new and familiar faces from the Market Theatre, including Kate Eason as Jenny Softy, Clive Dancey as Marco Lasagne and a guest appearance from Glen Davies of adult panto (and ex-EastEnders) fame, as PC Politely.
So why not head down to the Market Theatre every weekend this summer to catch up on the café that threatens to put Roy's Rolls out of business.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
The café is open from 12.30pm to 2.30pm with performances on Saturdays and Sundays at 1.15pm.
The first of six episodes starts on August 12 and, should you miss a Saturday performance, you can catch up with the omnibus on Sunday.
Entrance is free but charitable donations are welcomed.
For more details, call: 01462 433553 or visit www.markettheatre.co.uk