A good night on the Lash
THE Lash are returning to the home of rock music in Stevenage – The Red Lion in the Old Town. Taking their sound from such rock Gods as AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, they are the sort of group The Red Lion was meant to accommodate – an ear-splitting, vibrant ro
THE Lash are returning to the home of rock music in Stevenage - The Red Lion in the Old Town.
Taking their sound from such rock Gods as AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, they are the sort of group The Red Lion was meant to accommodate - an ear-splitting, vibrant rock band that'll make you sing aloud at the top of your lungs while jumping up and down in such a manic state that you'll spill your cold crisp pint all over your new shirt and care not a jot. Ah, the memories.
Anyway, they're on at the venue this evening (Thursday) so go along - and don't forget to take that change of shirt!
Something a little bit different now, because at the same venue, but this time on Sunday, the Blues at The Red evening brings Delta Echoes to Stevenage Old Town.
You may also want to watch:
Made up of Richard Scruton (vocals, acoustic guitars, harmonica and kazoo) and Stuart Cumberpatch (national steel guitar and harmonica), the duo play a mix of 1930s Delta blues on original vintage instruments from the 1920s and 1930s.
They also play some Western swing and a spot of early string band and jub band music.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
Just to keep things exciting they also feature a spot of good ol' early Hawaiian music and a splash of gospel and hokum.
A nice way to finish off the weekend and put you in a melancholy mood for Monday morning, don't you think?
Finally, next Friday evening (January 19) will see the Essex band Doll Set Tones pack up their kit and travel west, turning up at The Red Lion for another evening of glorious madness (well, a bout of acoustic rock from the four piece) from around 8pm.
If you want a quick listen to their sound, visit their page on myspace www.myspace.com/dollsettones