A fanfare for 2015 as Hitchin Music Project bands tune up again
- Credit: Archant
There will be a sustained fanfare for the new year when the eclectic groups which come under the umbrella of the Hitchin Music Project meet for their first sessions of the new year.
Project leader Chris Pyne said: “All the groups are open to all ages and abilities and there is something for everyone. All the groups welcome new members and rehearse in Hitchin.”
l Hitchin Light Orchestra, community orchestra playing film themes, jazz, pop and world music (Tuesday evenings).
l Garage Clarinets (Wednesday evenings, for clarinet players of all standards).
You may also want to watch:
l Phat Sax (Thursday evenings, arrangements for just saxophones).
l Funky Strings (Thursday evenings, large and friendly string orchestra playing jazz, Latin and pop).
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 7 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
l Jazz improvisation (Saturday mornings, all instruments).
l Rock song writing (Saturday mornings, write new songs in a group and then record them).
l WD Vocal Project (Saturday mornings a cappella singing group.
For more details contact Chris on 01462 431206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.