A fanfare for 2015 as Hitchin Music Project bands tune up again
- Credit: Archant
There will be a sustained fanfare for the new year when the eclectic groups which come under the umbrella of the Hitchin Music Project meet for their first sessions of the new year.
Project leader Chris Pyne said: “All the groups are open to all ages and abilities and there is something for everyone. All the groups welcome new members and rehearse in Hitchin.”
l Hitchin Light Orchestra, community orchestra playing film themes, jazz, pop and world music (Tuesday evenings).
l Garage Clarinets (Wednesday evenings, for clarinet players of all standards).
You may also want to watch:
l Phat Sax (Thursday evenings, arrangements for just saxophones).
l Funky Strings (Thursday evenings, large and friendly string orchestra playing jazz, Latin and pop).
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 6 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 7 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
l Jazz improvisation (Saturday mornings, all instruments).
l Rock song writing (Saturday mornings, write new songs in a group and then record them).
l WD Vocal Project (Saturday mornings a cappella singing group.
For more details contact Chris on 01462 431206 or email email@example.com.