A fanfare for 2015 as Hitchin Music Project bands tune up again
- Credit: Archant
There will be a sustained fanfare for the new year when the eclectic groups which come under the umbrella of the Hitchin Music Project meet for their first sessions of the new year.
Project leader Chris Pyne said: “All the groups are open to all ages and abilities and there is something for everyone. All the groups welcome new members and rehearse in Hitchin.”
l Hitchin Light Orchestra, community orchestra playing film themes, jazz, pop and world music (Tuesday evenings).
l Garage Clarinets (Wednesday evenings, for clarinet players of all standards).
l Phat Sax (Thursday evenings, arrangements for just saxophones).
l Funky Strings (Thursday evenings, large and friendly string orchestra playing jazz, Latin and pop).
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
l Jazz improvisation (Saturday mornings, all instruments).
l Rock song writing (Saturday mornings, write new songs in a group and then record them).
l WD Vocal Project (Saturday mornings a cappella singing group.
For more details contact Chris on 01462 431206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.