A fanfare for 2015 as Hitchin Music Project bands tune up again
- Credit: Archant
There will be a sustained fanfare for the new year when the eclectic groups which come under the umbrella of the Hitchin Music Project meet for their first sessions of the new year.
Project leader Chris Pyne said: “All the groups are open to all ages and abilities and there is something for everyone. All the groups welcome new members and rehearse in Hitchin.”
l Hitchin Light Orchestra, community orchestra playing film themes, jazz, pop and world music (Tuesday evenings).
l Garage Clarinets (Wednesday evenings, for clarinet players of all standards).
l Phat Sax (Thursday evenings, arrangements for just saxophones).
l Funky Strings (Thursday evenings, large and friendly string orchestra playing jazz, Latin and pop).
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 7 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 8 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 9 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
l Jazz improvisation (Saturday mornings, all instruments).
l Rock song writing (Saturday mornings, write new songs in a group and then record them).
l WD Vocal Project (Saturday mornings a cappella singing group.
For more details contact Chris on 01462 431206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.