A dog’s life
A MUSICIAN has been lured back to the local music scene after 23 years. Dave Smith who is the front man and lead vocalist for Stevenage band Black Dog, will be returning to the stage with the microphone firmly in his hand this year. When Dave left the mus
A MUSICIAN has been lured back to the local music scene after 23 years.
Dave Smith who is the front man and lead vocalist for Stevenage band Black Dog, will be returning to the stage with the microphone firmly in his hand this year.
When Dave left the music industry more than two decades ago he thought it was for good but his love for music has 'enticed' him back.
"When I left the music industry I said 'that's it time to move on' but I was enticed back into it and I'm having a ball! I feel I still have something to offer."
You may also want to watch:
Black Dog covers tracks from Bad Company, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy and The Who and so far he said the response has been 'amazing'.
The other musicians in the band are Chas Stutley on drums and percussion, Tony Kemp and Ben Stutley on lead and rhythm guitar and Ron Cowie on bass guitar.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 3 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 4 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 5 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 6 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 10 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
Over the years Dave has worked as a vocalist and front-man for bands such as Kalaba, ESP and Left Hand Drive.
He said: "When I look back I have been privileged to have worked with so many talented musicians.
"But it wasn't a lot different to what it's like now. We just had longer hair and wore really weird clothes - some things don't change!"
As well as fronting Black Dog, Dave is also the lead vocalist for Bedfordshire band Unforgiven and is back working with Dave Montgomery from his ESP days.
He said: "We are constructing some really great tunes and hope to play them live at some stage. We may even resurrect some of the old tunes from ESP and see if they can't be revamped for the modern listener.
"But my immediate plans for the future are to entertain. There is nothing that can give you more of a buzz than a crowd who appreciate what you're playing. I would like to think that any one who comes to see Black Dog can go away on a high and want more."
For more information visit www.myspace/podge45
* Dates for Black Dog's gigs are to be fixed.