A delicious Dizzy date at Letchworth Arts Centre as Miles mulls over musical memoir
- Credit: Archant
Live music and anecdotes will be on the bill at Letchworth Arts Centre when Miles Hunt rolls into town to talk about his colourful life at the top of the charts.
Miles, main man from The Wonder Stuff – who scored a memorable hit teaming up with Vic Reeves to cover modern standard Dizzy in 1991 – will be at Letchworth Arts Centre next Friday, June 26.
He meticulously kept a warts and all chronicle that charts The Wonder Stuff’s fast moving and chaotic rise to fame.
And audiences will be able to hear excerpts from Hunt’s new book The Wonder Stuff Diaries 1986-89, which reveals stories and observations from his early years as an up and coming rock star.
It promises to be a great evening for music lovers as Hunt will also perform a selection of The Wonder Stuff’s hits including Size Of A Cow, Don’t Let Me Down Gently and Dizzy.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a chance for members of the audience to pose questions to the singer during a Q&A session.
Arts centre manager Maria Iredale said: “If you have ever wondered what life in a successful pop band is like, or you’re a fan of The Wonder Stuff or bands of the same genre, then here’s an opportunity not to be missed.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Stevenage unveil Amazon's Prime Gaming as new sponsors on new kit
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
“I think it will be a really fun evening for all.”
Doors open at 7.30pm and the show starts at 8pm. Tickets £12 in advance or £15 on the door.
To book see www.letchwortharts.org or call 01462 670788.