A charity concert and a cool night
THE Mayor s Charity Concert is soon upon us and talent from across the region will be busy polishing off their performances for the night. The event takes place at Stevenage s Gordon Craig Theatre, and groups taking to the stage for the big evening on Tue
THE Mayor's Charity Concert is soon upon us and talent from across the region will be busy polishing off their performances for the night.
The event takes place at Stevenage's Gordon Craig Theatre, and groups taking to the stage for the big evening on Tuesday, February 7, include:
* Barclay School Band;
* The Footworks School of Dance;
You may also want to watch:
* One Step Beyond Cheerleaders;
* Camps Hill Community Primary School Choir;
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
* Molly Vickers and Claire Brooks Dancing School;
* Street Dance Productions;
* North Herts Sax Quartet;
* Limelight Stage School;
* Soloist John Eames.
The Mayor, Cllr Brian Underwood, wants to see as many people there as possible to enjoy this huge one-off event.
The show kicks off at 7pm and tickets cost £10.
All of the profits go to a selection of charities chosen by the Mayor.
Following up at the Gordon Craig, on Wednesday February 8, is Phil Cool who is said to be the world's only "stand-up chameleon".
Phil Cool is armed with an uncontrollable rubber face, and he's not afraid to use it.
He can be shocking and funny and he has a whole range of impressions and surreal comic sketches to his repertoire.
Phil Cool will be hitting the stage at 7.45pm and tickets cost £15.
For tickets and more information for either of these events, call 08700 131 030 or go online to www.gordon-craig.co.uk