2012 artist Dylan’s aim is to strike gold in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
An artist whose work was showcased at the London 2012 Olympic Games is looking to draw in the crowds to a Baldock gallery.
Dylan Izaak will be on hand to discuss his collection of work at Gallery 1066 at a launch event from 7pm until 9pm on Friday night.
The innovative artist creates ‘cityscape’ scenes, which brought him into the national limelight three years ago when he was picked as one of the official BT Olympic artists to make pieces throughout the London Games.
Dylan – who was initially a street artist for almost 10 years – is one of the stable of creative talent promoted by international publishers De Montfort Fine Art.
A gallery spokesman said: “We are delighted to announce that Dylan has created an exuberant and humorous collection featuring an array of his trademark ‘long people’.
You may also want to watch:
“The characters in these pieces are drawn as if from the pavement, giving a whole new perspective on city life.”
To get a flavour of Dylan’s unique style visit www.dylanizaak.co.uk.
The gallery is open from 10am until 6pm from Wednesday to Saturday.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
To RSVP for the launch event ring the gallery on 01462 622233 or email email@example.com.