2012 artist Dylan’s aim is to strike gold in Baldock
- Credit: Archant
An artist whose work was showcased at the London 2012 Olympic Games is looking to draw in the crowds to a Baldock gallery.
Dylan Izaak will be on hand to discuss his collection of work at Gallery 1066 at a launch event from 7pm until 9pm on Friday night.
The innovative artist creates ‘cityscape’ scenes, which brought him into the national limelight three years ago when he was picked as one of the official BT Olympic artists to make pieces throughout the London Games.
Dylan – who was initially a street artist for almost 10 years – is one of the stable of creative talent promoted by international publishers De Montfort Fine Art.
A gallery spokesman said: “We are delighted to announce that Dylan has created an exuberant and humorous collection featuring an array of his trademark ‘long people’.
“The characters in these pieces are drawn as if from the pavement, giving a whole new perspective on city life.”
To get a flavour of Dylan’s unique style visit www.dylanizaak.co.uk.
The gallery is open from 10am until 6pm from Wednesday to Saturday.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
To RSVP for the launch event ring the gallery on 01462 622233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.