Youngsters given opportunity to play at Twickenham
Youngsters from Hitchin Rugby Club had the opportunity of playing at the home of rugby, Twickenham, on Saturday. There were 720 children from under-eight and under-nine age groups from clubs around London and the surrounding areas playing in the London ta
Youngsters from Hitchin Rugby Club had the opportunity of playing at the home of rugby, Twickenham, on Saturday.
There were 720 children from under-eight and under-nine age groups from clubs around London and the surrounding areas playing in the London tag rugby festival during the morning.
Six teams from each age group were selected to take part in tag demonstration matches at half time during both of the London double header matches at Twickers.
Hitchin under-eights took two teams, the Cougars and the Panthers to the festival, with the Cougars being selected to play on the famous Twickers turf.
You may also want to watch:
Under-eights coach Andy Dudley said: "All the players were a credit to themselves and Hitchin Rugby Club. For players and parents, the memory of this day will last a lifetime."
* If any children aged between five and 19 fancy coming along to have a go at playing rugby, Hitchin are holding their annual open day this Sunday from 10am to midday.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
Children should just turn up with some sports kit to the King George V playing fields, off Old Hale Way, and have a great time finding out about rugby.
For further information, visit the website www.hitchinrfc.com or call Tim Jeffries (chairman) on 01763 287460 (evenings).