Youngsters given opportunity to play at Twickenham
Youngsters from Hitchin Rugby Club had the opportunity of playing at the home of rugby, Twickenham, on Saturday. There were 720 children from under-eight and under-nine age groups from clubs around London and the surrounding areas playing in the London ta
Youngsters from Hitchin Rugby Club had the opportunity of playing at the home of rugby, Twickenham, on Saturday.
There were 720 children from under-eight and under-nine age groups from clubs around London and the surrounding areas playing in the London tag rugby festival during the morning.
Six teams from each age group were selected to take part in tag demonstration matches at half time during both of the London double header matches at Twickers.
Hitchin under-eights took two teams, the Cougars and the Panthers to the festival, with the Cougars being selected to play on the famous Twickers turf.
Under-eights coach Andy Dudley said: "All the players were a credit to themselves and Hitchin Rugby Club. For players and parents, the memory of this day will last a lifetime."
* If any children aged between five and 19 fancy coming along to have a go at playing rugby, Hitchin are holding their annual open day this Sunday from 10am to midday.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Children should just turn up with some sports kit to the King George V playing fields, off Old Hale Way, and have a great time finding out about rugby.
For further information, visit the website www.hitchinrfc.com or call Tim Jeffries (chairman) on 01763 287460 (evenings).