Youngsters given opportunity to play at Twickenham
Youngsters from Hitchin Rugby Club had the opportunity of playing at the home of rugby, Twickenham, on Saturday. There were 720 children from under-eight and under-nine age groups from clubs around London and the surrounding areas playing in the London ta
Youngsters from Hitchin Rugby Club had the opportunity of playing at the home of rugby, Twickenham, on Saturday.
There were 720 children from under-eight and under-nine age groups from clubs around London and the surrounding areas playing in the London tag rugby festival during the morning.
Six teams from each age group were selected to take part in tag demonstration matches at half time during both of the London double header matches at Twickers.
Hitchin under-eights took two teams, the Cougars and the Panthers to the festival, with the Cougars being selected to play on the famous Twickers turf.
You may also want to watch:
Under-eights coach Andy Dudley said: "All the players were a credit to themselves and Hitchin Rugby Club. For players and parents, the memory of this day will last a lifetime."
* If any children aged between five and 19 fancy coming along to have a go at playing rugby, Hitchin are holding their annual open day this Sunday from 10am to midday.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 6 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 7 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
Children should just turn up with some sports kit to the King George V playing fields, off Old Hale Way, and have a great time finding out about rugby.
For further information, visit the website www.hitchinrfc.com or call Tim Jeffries (chairman) on 01763 287460 (evenings).