Yet another Sunday side has bitten the dust

The Comet Stevenage Sunday League One of the league s longest running clubs, RD Newcotech, has become the latest to fold. Dun Cow are still on course for the quadruple after Adam Furness struck twice to set up a meeting with Nirankari Sports Sabha in the

The Comet Stevenage Sunday League

One of the league's longest running clubs, RD Newcotech, has become the latest to fold.

Dun Cow are still on course for the quadruple after Adam Furness struck twice to set up a meeting with Nirankari Sports Sabha in the Premier Division Cup final. The sources were the penalty spot and direct from a corner, Shaun Marshall added a third.

Rileys had briefly got back into it when defender Dan Curtin struck his fifth goal of the season with a beauty from 30 yards past Dean Greenhough.

Dun Cow contest the Herts Sunday Senior Cup final this Sunday at the County Ground in Letchworth. It is a 3pm kick-off against Queen's Head Sandridge.

After last week's defeat, Bottles' faint Premier Division title hopes look over after Graham Kimber netted a last-minute equaliser for Broadhall.

Most Read

Early on, a Grant Sullivan corner saw central defender Paul Gasson head home powerfully against nine men at the time.

Bottles, with 10 men now, upped the tempo in the second-half and it was from a John Saunders corner where they levelled, Gareth Clarke heading home.

The ink had barely dried on the scoresheet before James Lucey put Bottles in front. Broadhall stuck at it though and finally got their reward as the impressive Gasson found himself in the right place to pull the ball back to Kimber to fire home.

Nirankari Sports Sabha were awarded the points against a depleted Stevenage Fencing.

Rising Sun were handed second place in Division One after Sporting failed to raise a side.

In Division Two, Coopers had an awful weekend.

Although not playing a league game, they lost in the Invitation Cup. They also saw RD Newcotech fold, a team they had beaten twice but had taken a point from Station, and then saw both them and Breachwood Lions win.

Interestingly, all three teams are still to meet each other.

Breachwood Lions won easily thanks to John Harvey (hat-trick), Adam Burnage (two), Danny Jefferies, Ian Canning and Rob Pearson against Marquis of Lorne.

Third-placed Station also won big against bottom side Newman, Ian Woodfield (hat-trick), Liam McQueen, Micky Simpson and Martin Preedy were on target.

Triage won a nine-goal-thriller as Paul Chapple (two), Neil Roskilly, Lori Fekete and Jim McGarry netted. King Pin United's replies came from James Wyatt, Nick Collins and two Robbie Duckworth penalties.

White Diamond Security were awarded the points against another side struggling lately ProCladd.

The top sides continue to win in Division Three as Hogshead stayed top thanks to Adam Lusby's brace, after he had missed an earlier penalty. New signing Calvert Garnes netted again, Jon Patrick scored fortuitously and Jamie Campany also netted against White Horse.

Broadhall Res are still second after a tight win. Top scorer Steve Teale netted again, while Stan Matthews got the winner after Lee Curry's strike for North Herts Celtic.

Pin Green will be champions if they win their remaining six games. They slaughtered AFC Stevenage thanks to Colin Field (hat-trick), Damian Hadlow (two), Lee Stevens (two), Sean Soards and a Ben Smith penalty.

In the Invitation Cup, Coopers added to their advantage when Chris Goodyear finished well.

However, Wayne Campbell finished in style for MBDA before Lee Metselaar and James Brewster's strikes turned the game around.

It was a good day for Division Three sides over their Division One counterparts. Paul Tully scored as Granby St George beat FCFL overall despite Kenny Slack's strike.

Two from Lee Horsley and a Nik Tribe strike saw MC Racing home against Mallard, while Richard Griffin's strike was not enough overall as Stevenage Colts were beaten by MBDA Res.

Dave Banks headed home to give Norwich Union the lead, Dan Downham equalised for Royal Oak before Banks netted again from Craig Dillnutt's cross. Steve Bush levelled it up on the day with 10 minutes left but Union pinched it.

Rising Sun were totally blitzed by Nirankari Sports Sabha thanks to Mark Barnes (hat-trick), Darren Urquart (two), Ben l'honore, Nathan Grinstead and Darren Matussa.

* Compiled by Darren Statto Jones