ANOTHER week, another two wins, for Potton United in their quest for league and cup honours. Two first-half goals put the Royals into the last four of the Hinchingbrooke Cup on Tuesday night. The holders won 2-0 at home to Northampton Spencer after going
ANOTHER week, another two wins, for Potton United in their quest for league and cup honours.
Two first-half goals put the Royals into the last four of the Hinchingbrooke Cup on Tuesday night.
The holders won 2-0 at home to Northampton Spencer after going ahead through Brett Donnelly and Glen Crook adding a second.
The league leaders overpowered Yaxley 4-1 on Saturday.
Donnelly's goal was cancelled out by Simon Acton as the teams went in level.
Two goals in a minute early in the new half put Potton in control, Nathan Buckland and Wes Byrne on target. Paul Garrett wrapped up the points.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 7 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
- 8 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
Biggleswade United picked up just a point from their two matches.
They drew 0-0 at home to Hillingdon on Tuesday night in a game which was never dull.
It followed Saturday's drab 1-0 defeat at Aylesbury Vale.
There was better news for struggling neighbours Biggleswade Town on Saturday.
Joel Mason's goal just after half time earned a 1-0 win over Welwyn Garden City.