Win double for kickboxers
It was a win double for the TS Kickboxing Club at the Excel in London on Saturday. Nick Gill and Sukhy Shoria were fighting against opposition from Germany at the Pain and Glory event at the Seni 08 martial arts exhibition. Shoria won his contest by way o
It was a win double for the TS Kickboxing Club at the Excel in London on Saturday.
Nick Gill and Sukhy Shoria were fighting against opposition from Germany at the Pain and Glory event at the Seni 08 martial arts exhibition.
Shoria won his contest by way of Tko in the third round.
He dropped his opponent early in the third with a well-timed left hook, and the German fighter made the count only to be floored again by a powerful roundhouse kick to the head.
You may also want to watch:
After getting up off the canvas at the count of eight, the German clearly did not want to continue and the fight was stopped by the referee.
Gill was up against a tough and rugged German opponent in Bachir.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Helicopter and armed police hunt weapon suspects
From round one, both fighters exchanged some powerful shots, Gill throwing some nice kick punch combinations with the German fighter countering with his over hand right and the occasional body shot.
But from round four, the class of Gill began to show as some nice footwork had the German falling through the ropes more than once and a well-timed front kick to the face had his head snapping backwards throughout rounds four and five.
Gill caught his opponent with hard uppercuts in round five but Bachir was still there at the end of the fight.
The decision was a unanimous win for Gill.
Coach Trevor Spencer said: "Both Sukhy and Nick did themselves and the club proud as we knew they would.
"It was a great experience for them to fight on the big stage at a Pain and Glory event against international opponents.
"Now we can look forward to some big fights for them this year."
For more details on classes and shows around the country that TS Kickboxing Club are fighting on, call Trevor on 07940 715717.