Wilson's hot, but Bowker loses a shoe
FAIRLANDS Valley Spartans' Barbara Wilson won the Association of Running Clubs' national half marathon championship for her age category with a time of 1:52:54. Richard Bate and Duncan Choosey were sixth and seventh as 11 Spartans raced over 4.68 mil
FAIRLANDS Valley Spartans' Barbara Wilson won the Association of Running Clubs' national half marathon championship for her age category with a time of 1:52:54.
Richard Bate and Duncan Choosey were sixth and seventh as eleven Spartans raced over 4.68 miles in the Sunday League cross country league fixture at Grovelands, north London.
And David Bowker was 65th despite being badly spiked and running more than half the race with only one shoe, while Sharon Crowley was the first Spartan in the women's race with her time of 42 minutes 4 seconds.
Five Spartans took part in the Winter Challenge Off-Road Marathon organised by the 100 Marathon Club on Sunday. The event was based in Stevenage and included the surrounding villages of Datchworth, Tewin, Stapleford, Chapmore End and Watton-at Stone and the first Spartan finisher was Mike Newbitt in 4:37:40.
Jim Brown enjoyed a very festive Hyde Park for the Serpentine 5K race on Friday, finishing 80th.
The Spartans are out over the festive period but there are changes to the training programme. For more details check www.fvspartans.org.uk
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 Madness to headline Standon Calling festival's Thursday line-up of music