Wilson's hot, but Bowker loses a shoe
FAIRLANDS Valley Spartans' Barbara Wilson won the Association of Running Clubs' national half marathon championship for her age category with a time of 1:52:54. Richard Bate and Duncan Choosey were sixth and seventh as 11 Spartans raced over 4.68 mil
FAIRLANDS Valley Spartans' Barbara Wilson won the Association of Running Clubs' national half marathon championship for her age category with a time of 1:52:54.
Richard Bate and Duncan Choosey were sixth and seventh as eleven Spartans raced over 4.68 miles in the Sunday League cross country league fixture at Grovelands, north London.
And David Bowker was 65th despite being badly spiked and running more than half the race with only one shoe, while Sharon Crowley was the first Spartan in the women's race with her time of 42 minutes 4 seconds.
Five Spartans took part in the Winter Challenge Off-Road Marathon organised by the 100 Marathon Club on Sunday. The event was based in Stevenage and included the surrounding villages of Datchworth, Tewin, Stapleford, Chapmore End and Watton-at Stone and the first Spartan finisher was Mike Newbitt in 4:37:40.
You may also want to watch:
Jim Brown enjoyed a very festive Hyde Park for the Serpentine 5K race on Friday, finishing 80th.
The Spartans are out over the festive period but there are changes to the training programme. For more details check www.fvspartans.org.uk
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss