Wilson's hot, but Bowker loses a shoe
FAIRLANDS Valley Spartans' Barbara Wilson won the Association of Running Clubs' national half marathon championship for her age category with a time of 1:52:54. Richard Bate and Duncan Choosey were sixth and seventh as 11 Spartans raced over 4.68 mil
FAIRLANDS Valley Spartans' Barbara Wilson won the Association of Running Clubs' national half marathon championship for her age category with a time of 1:52:54.
Richard Bate and Duncan Choosey were sixth and seventh as eleven Spartans raced over 4.68 miles in the Sunday League cross country league fixture at Grovelands, north London.
And David Bowker was 65th despite being badly spiked and running more than half the race with only one shoe, while Sharon Crowley was the first Spartan in the women's race with her time of 42 minutes 4 seconds.
Five Spartans took part in the Winter Challenge Off-Road Marathon organised by the 100 Marathon Club on Sunday. The event was based in Stevenage and included the surrounding villages of Datchworth, Tewin, Stapleford, Chapmore End and Watton-at Stone and the first Spartan finisher was Mike Newbitt in 4:37:40.
You may also want to watch:
Jim Brown enjoyed a very festive Hyde Park for the Serpentine 5K race on Friday, finishing 80th.
The Spartans are out over the festive period but there are changes to the training programme. For more details check www.fvspartans.org.uk
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 6 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year