Whitethorn and Baldock advance in county and national competitions
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
Whitethorn Bowls Club recorded a fifth win from six in the Men's County League to qualify for the knock-out stages.
The victory over Royston in North Division A takes them into the next stage, starting back at Royston on September 4.
Success there will take them to the county knock-out on September 19 at Garstan.
Baldock meanwhile have won the Hertfordshire final in the National Top Club competition, beating Harpenden by three disciplines to two.
Martin Roberts and Darren Hickin won the pairs while Brian Todd, Steve Budge and Paul Andrews took the honours in the triples.
It left Sam Andrews, Joe Morley, Paul Haskins and Mike Parsons to guide them home as they won the rinks.
Baldock will now play Hendon, the top club in Middlesex, in the next stage.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 10 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
Elsewhere Jamie Claydon qualified for the national mixed fours with Devon Cooper and Matt Coppin from Royston and Joan Welch from Riverain.