Welwyn PB for Trident’s Freer while Levis runs in France
- Credit: Archant
There was a new personal best time for Gary Freer at the Welwyn Half Marathon.
The Team Trident athlete ran one hour 30 minutes 55 seconds for 71st overall, 19 places ahead of Matt Cooke who clocked 1:33:33.
Gemma Reid was 298th in 1:53:28.
Fiona Grinnall made her parkrun debut at Stevenage in 26:23 for 75th overall while Tony Shortland was 61st in 25:28.
Stuart Cooke was first home for the club in 2:20:35 for 58th in the Ashridge Boundary Run over 16.5 miles of trails. Oli Lacigova was sixth female and 93rd overall in 2:31:16 while Darren Greene and Mark Beaver finished in 2:34:31 and 2:45:47 for 107th and 143rd respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Elodie Levis and Steve Moakes took to the trails in South Burgundy, France running the inaugural Trail du Mont St Romain. Elodie was first female master and 53rd overall in the 29k race in 3:33:01. Steve was 73rd in the 11k mountain trail in 1:13:06.
- 1 Plans for new block of flats on Matalan site gets green light
- 2 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 3 'Please just give us the COVID-19 vaccine,' pleads headteacher as schools reopen
- 4 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 5 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 6 Body found in search for missing woman
- 7 International Women's Day: A homage to those who have inspired us this year
- 8 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found