Wells home first for Striders in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage Striders were in action at the Herts County Road Running Championship 3k relay in Fairlands Valley Park.
The ladies’ A team of Tracy Bullot, Fran Levy and Lisa Liversidge finished 25th overall and seventh in the vets competition while the B team of Joy Nunn, Rose Jennings and Emma Cole finished 12th. Lorraine Wyatt, Kate Dear and Lynsey Rouse finished in 51 minutes 38 seconds.
In the men’s competition the A team of Jonny Nicholls, Steve Wells, Dan Sanders, Karl Hudson and James Marshall finished 28th overall and fifth in the vets competition.
Five Striders took part in the Stevenage parkrun on Saturday.
Steve Wells was first home, finishing eighth overall and second in his age category in a PB of 19:36.
You may also want to watch:
Russ Andrews posted 26:10 whilst Sandra Howes set a PB of 27:26.
Richard Bates ran a 29:32 PB while Jo Holmes ran the course with her daughter Rose.
- 1 Plans for new block of flats on Matalan site gets green light
- 2 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 3 'Please just give us the COVID-19 vaccine,' pleads headteacher as schools reopen
- 4 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 5 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 6 Body found in search for missing woman
- 7 International Women's Day: A homage to those who have inspired us this year
- 8 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found
The Wimpole Estate parkrun is a tough multi-terrain route.
Dan Sanders ran a course PB of 21:10 for 17th. David Mendonca clocked 26:13 and Ken Marshall a course PB of 26:16.
Liz Small and John Wilden travelled to the Grimsthorpe estate to take on the 40-mile ultra option.
The couple finished in a time of 10 hours 43 minutes and was Small’s 86th race at the marathon distance.