Was it a Royals party in cup final?
POTTON United were going for their first silverware of the season this week. The Royals met Boston Town last night (Wednesday) in the final of the League Cup. Hosts Raunds snatched an equaliser two minutes from time against 10-man Potton on Saturday. The
POTTON United were going for their first silverware of the season this week.
The Royals met Boston Town last night (Wednesday) in the final of the League Cup.
Hosts Raunds snatched an equaliser two minutes from time against 10-man Potton on Saturday.
The visitors had taken an early lead when Steve Kuhne headed home a Lee Allinson cross after good work from Brad Harrison on the right wing.
But the hosts were soon on level terms when they were awarded a free-kick on the edge of Potton's penalty area.
The wall did a great job at blocking the first effort but Matthew Taylor drove home the rebound through the crowded area.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 6 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 8 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 9 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 10 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
Potton restored their lead in the 33rd minute when Brett Donnelly beat the offside trap only to be hauled down in the box by the home keeper and Kuhne tucked the penalty away.
Donnelly received his marching orders for two bookable offences five minutes into the second half but 10-man Potton seemed set to hold on until Taylor snatched the equaliser.
Biggleswade Town were beaten by the odd goal in five at Welwyn Garden City but won 1-0 against Kingsbury London Tigers on Saturday.
Also on Saturday, Biggleswade United were beaten 3-0 at home by new champions Edgware.