Was it a Royals party in cup final?
POTTON United were going for their first silverware of the season this week. The Royals met Boston Town last night (Wednesday) in the final of the League Cup. Hosts Raunds snatched an equaliser two minutes from time against 10-man Potton on Saturday. The
POTTON United were going for their first silverware of the season this week.
The Royals met Boston Town last night (Wednesday) in the final of the League Cup.
Hosts Raunds snatched an equaliser two minutes from time against 10-man Potton on Saturday.
The visitors had taken an early lead when Steve Kuhne headed home a Lee Allinson cross after good work from Brad Harrison on the right wing.
You may also want to watch:
But the hosts were soon on level terms when they were awarded a free-kick on the edge of Potton's penalty area.
The wall did a great job at blocking the first effort but Matthew Taylor drove home the rebound through the crowded area.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 4 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 5 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
Potton restored their lead in the 33rd minute when Brett Donnelly beat the offside trap only to be hauled down in the box by the home keeper and Kuhne tucked the penalty away.
Donnelly received his marching orders for two bookable offences five minutes into the second half but 10-man Potton seemed set to hold on until Taylor snatched the equaliser.
Biggleswade Town were beaten by the odd goal in five at Welwyn Garden City but won 1-0 against Kingsbury London Tigers on Saturday.
Also on Saturday, Biggleswade United were beaten 3-0 at home by new champions Edgware.