Victorious ladies from Riverain
There was victory for the ladies from Riverain Bowls Club in the third round of the Yetton Trophy. Riverain won by 10 shots (91-81) against Watford. The home teams of Ann Fuller, Aileen Weaver, Yvonne Hull and skip Angie Fabris together with Jean Lock, Sh
There was victory for the ladies from Riverain Bowls Club in the third round of the Yetton Trophy.
Riverain won by 10 shots (91-81) against Watford. The home teams of Ann Fuller, Aileen Weaver, Yvonne Hull and skip Angie Fabris together with Jean Lock, Shay Mumford, Barbara Billingham and skip Gill Walker won by three shots (45-42).
Their away teams of Linda O'Flanagan, Jackie Milton, Pat Goodwin and skip Gill Calver together with Joan Welch, Noreen Gazely, Muriel Saunders and skip Shirley Page won by seven shots (46-39).
Teams from Riverain were represented in both the area finals of the over-50 triples and the over-60 pairs at Watford IBC.
You may also want to watch:
The triples rink of Graham Rouse, Bob Ashby and skip Graham Albone were beaten by one shot by a team from Herts Watford (17-18).
In the over-60 pairs, for the second year in a row, the team from Riverain will go forward to the national championships at Northampton.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 3 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 4 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 7 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 8 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 9 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 10 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
Their pairing of Tony Castle and skip John Crosby beat a pair from Luton by four shots (22-18).
There was also an emphatic win for Riverain in the third round of the Egham Trophy.
They won by 80 shots (120-40) against Hatfield.
The home teams of Linda O'Flanagan, Rose Castle, Mick O'Flanagan and skip Darren Hickin together with Jean Lock, Heather Stapleford, Gavin McLaren and skip Jimmy Allen won by 43 shots (66-23).
The away teams of Mick Allen, Gill Walker, Shirley Page and skip Tony Webb together with Jenny Ralph, Shay Mumford, Ian Perton and skip Martin Brackley won by 37 shots (54-17).
Riverain also won by 43 shots (181-138) in a weekend friendly match against Whithern held at the club.
Skips only: Ron Coxall won 23-14, Ivan Izzard won 32-15, Sam Skinner lost 12-24, Derek Clark drew 16-16, Brian Mills lost 20-26, Mick Hyde drew 16-16, Pat Clark won 31-13, Bert Saich won 26-14.
* Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC played a new fixture on Sunday.
They played four rinks against Datchworth, Stevenage Leisure Centre winning on three of them and by 57 shots altogether (101-44).
Their top rink was skipped by Colin Cole, with Ann Graham, David Graham and Phoebe Erne.
* Herts IBA won their Courtenay Cup league match against Oxfordshire at Watford IBC last Thursday. They were victorious by 46 shots (143-97).