United move into the semis
BIGGLESWADE United is through to the last four of the Hunts Premier Cup. They needed extra-time to beat United Counties League visitors St Ives Town 3-2 in Tuesday night s quarter-final tie. United twice trailed in normal time, Ross Kane and Dean Bull ens
BIGGLESWADE United is through to the last four of the Hunts Premier Cup.
They needed extra-time to beat United Counties League visitors St Ives Town 3-2 in Tuesday night's quarter-final tie.
United twice trailed in normal time, Ross Kane and Dean Bull ensuring the extra 30 minutes.
Up popped Robbie O'Dell to see the hosts progress with a winner in the 95th minute.
There was a no-score bore draw on Saturday as United drew a blank at home to Tring Athletic in the SML Premier Division.
Biggleswade Town went down 3-1 at top six outfit Hanwell.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
Warren Grieve netted a couple of minutes from time when they already trailed by three goals.
UCL Premier Division leaders Potton United made hard work of winning 2-1 at bottom club Harrowby on Saturday.
They are now 10 points clear at the top after goals from Ian Morrison (five minutes) and Colin Shambrook (34 minutes) saw them open up a two-goal lead.
The expected rout never happened though and Harrowby scored the only goal of the second half through Darryl Chappell.
The Royals host Buckingham on Saturday in the league.