United move into the semis
BIGGLESWADE United is through to the last four of the Hunts Premier Cup. They needed extra-time to beat United Counties League visitors St Ives Town 3-2 in Tuesday night s quarter-final tie. United twice trailed in normal time, Ross Kane and Dean Bull ens
BIGGLESWADE United is through to the last four of the Hunts Premier Cup.
They needed extra-time to beat United Counties League visitors St Ives Town 3-2 in Tuesday night's quarter-final tie.
United twice trailed in normal time, Ross Kane and Dean Bull ensuring the extra 30 minutes.
Up popped Robbie O'Dell to see the hosts progress with a winner in the 95th minute.
You may also want to watch:
There was a no-score bore draw on Saturday as United drew a blank at home to Tring Athletic in the SML Premier Division.
Biggleswade Town went down 3-1 at top six outfit Hanwell.
- 1 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 2 Bomb squad called after suspected grenade found in Hitchin
- 3 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 4 Stevenage Borough Council: Labour maintains council control, Mayor loses seat and party leader reactions
- 5 Full list of Stevenage results for Local Elections 2021
- 6 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 7 County council elections round-up for Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 9 Three arrested after two people held against their will
- 10 'A great day had by all' - care home celebrates VE Day
Warren Grieve netted a couple of minutes from time when they already trailed by three goals.
UCL Premier Division leaders Potton United made hard work of winning 2-1 at bottom club Harrowby on Saturday.
They are now 10 points clear at the top after goals from Ian Morrison (five minutes) and Colin Shambrook (34 minutes) saw them open up a two-goal lead.
The expected rout never happened though and Harrowby scored the only goal of the second half through Darryl Chappell.
The Royals host Buckingham on Saturday in the league.