Under-16s are going up
Stevenage Town s under-16s showed their senior side the way to promotion into the Second Division. They gained a 31-12 win against Barnet in their last league fixture to ensure they would be promoted for the second year running. Barnet produced a try from
Stevenage Town's under-16s showed their senior side the way to promotion into the Second Division.
They gained a 31-12 win against Barnet in their last league fixture to ensure they would be promoted for the second year running.
Barnet produced a try from their backs in the first five minutes but Stevenage soon scored their first try with Joe Marshall on the wing passing to Edmund Heath at outside centre.
Determined Stevenage defence then prevented Barnet from scoring again.
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage led 10-5 at the break after winger Michael Hogan crossed over with Tom O'Sullivan at scrum-half, Drew Malins at fly-half and Craig Brown at inside centre involved in the move.
After the break, Hogan on the wing caught a loose ball from Barnet possession and ran from their 10m line to score another try under the posts. Craig Brown kicked the conversion.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 5 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Barnet still showed grit and determination but Luke Richards at prop secured ball from a maul and made an impressive run before passing to Heath for the fourth Stevenage try. This was again converted by Brown.
After a second Barnet try which was converted, Malins went over to score their fifth and final try under the posts. Brown converted this as well.
The under-16s have been sponsored by two local companies.
A1 Trophies provided tracksuit tops and Walter Clarke Food Services rugby shirts. The boys would like to thank both sponsors for their support.