Unbeaten girls break Luton hoodoo
AFC Stevenage U14 girls made it seven wins out of seven on Sunday when they were away to tough competition Luton Town. The team have never beaten the Luton side before but they desperately wanted to keep their 100 per record intact and went on to win th
AFC Stevenage U14 girls made it seven wins out of seven on Sunday when they were away to tough competition Luton Town.
The team have never beaten the Luton side before but they desperately wanted to keep their 100 per record intact and went on to win the game 2-1.
Girl of the match Danni and midfielder Emily were the AFC goal scorers for the day, but forward Nicole also put a lot of pressure on their defence. She had one shot saved while another hit the crossbar and was a general nuisance to the Luton side all afternoon.
The Stevenage defenders worked hard and made tackle after tackle to keep Luton's best player out of the game. Natalie put in a fine performance stopping all but one of Luton's efforts on goal.
This season already has seen the best football the squad has ever played both defensively and attackingly and they are improving each week. AFC have already notched up a total of 31 goals coming from 10 different goal scorers and the girls are optimistic about the season ahead. If you would like to know more about the club, please visit www.afcstevenage.co.uk.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre