Two North Herts sides host team from Holland
Two North Herts sides recently hosted a youth rugby team from Breda in Holland. Stevenage Town s under-17s had previously visited Breda in 2006 and this was the first time a youth side had come over from Holland. Breda travelled with a party of 25 players
Two North Herts sides recently hosted a youth rugby team from Breda in Holland.
Stevenage Town's under-17s had previously visited Breda in 2006 and this was the first time a youth side had come over from Holland.
Breda travelled with a party of 25 players including two Dutch under-16 internationals.
The tourists played an exciting game against Stevenage's under-15s in blistering sunshine on Saturday, winning 17-5.
They then travelled to Hitchin under-15s on Sunday, again winning 29-26 to complete a successful tour.
Stevenage hope to tour Breda, which is near the Dutch city of Eindhoven, next season.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 9 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 10 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
The tour was arranged by Town's Steve Gibbs who said: "I hope this sets up a long standing link between the two clubs. Breda are wonderfully friendly people and they play in the true spirit of rugby.