Two North Herts sides host team from Holland
Two North Herts sides recently hosted a youth rugby team from Breda in Holland. Stevenage Town s under-17s had previously visited Breda in 2006 and this was the first time a youth side had come over from Holland. Breda travelled with a party of 25 players
Two North Herts sides recently hosted a youth rugby team from Breda in Holland.
Stevenage Town's under-17s had previously visited Breda in 2006 and this was the first time a youth side had come over from Holland.
Breda travelled with a party of 25 players including two Dutch under-16 internationals.
The tourists played an exciting game against Stevenage's under-15s in blistering sunshine on Saturday, winning 17-5.
You may also want to watch:
They then travelled to Hitchin under-15s on Sunday, again winning 29-26 to complete a successful tour.
Stevenage hope to tour Breda, which is near the Dutch city of Eindhoven, next season.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
The tour was arranged by Town's Steve Gibbs who said: "I hope this sets up a long standing link between the two clubs. Breda are wonderfully friendly people and they play in the true spirit of rugby.