Trio of kickboxers victorious
Three top fighters from Comet country were on the bill at a kickboxing show in Bedford recently. East Area Thai Kick Boxing hosted the Extremity 2 Fight Night at Bedford s Corn Exchange. Returning after a six-month break in Thailand, John JJ Hassle faced
Three top fighters from Comet country were on the bill at a kickboxing show in Bedford recently.
East Area Thai Kick Boxing hosted the Extremity 2 Fight Night at Bedford's Corn Exchange.
Returning after a six-month break in Thailand, John JJ Hassle faced Dan Smith from Kierans Gym in a 3x2 minute 66kgs fight.
Despite the slight jetlag, brave JJ fought a technical fight and overpowered his opponent to ensure an East Area victory.
Raj Pooni was next up for EATK in a 3x2 minute bout at 61kgs against Davisson Greer from Elephant Gym.
The fight was stopped at the beginning of the third round with Pooni triumphant.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
Hallam Best was fighting for an English title against Russell Goodwin from Eagles Gym in a 5x2 minute 76kgs bout. He could not get in close to use his amazing grappling techniques and was defeated by the Eagles fighter.
Two other local East Area fighters, Andy McKillican and Anthony Ferguson, both won their fights in Crawley.
McKillican, fighting at 65kgs in a 3x2 minute round bout took control in the second and third rounds. With strong grappling and knees, he won on a unanimous points decision.
Ferguson dominated his opponent with his usual style of strong punches and kicks. Fighting Adam Hunter from Lumpini Gym at 60kgs in 3x2 minute rounds, he won on a unanimous decision.
To train locally with East Area, call instructor Rob Brooks on 07799 646031.