Trio of kickboxers victorious
Three top fighters from Comet country were on the bill at a kickboxing show in Bedford recently. East Area Thai Kick Boxing hosted the Extremity 2 Fight Night at Bedford s Corn Exchange. Returning after a six-month break in Thailand, John JJ Hassle faced
Three top fighters from Comet country were on the bill at a kickboxing show in Bedford recently.
East Area Thai Kick Boxing hosted the Extremity 2 Fight Night at Bedford's Corn Exchange.
Returning after a six-month break in Thailand, John JJ Hassle faced Dan Smith from Kierans Gym in a 3x2 minute 66kgs fight.
Despite the slight jetlag, brave JJ fought a technical fight and overpowered his opponent to ensure an East Area victory.
Raj Pooni was next up for EATK in a 3x2 minute bout at 61kgs against Davisson Greer from Elephant Gym.
The fight was stopped at the beginning of the third round with Pooni triumphant.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 8 End of an era? Future of Crucial Crew scheme relies on new co-ordinators
- 9 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Hallam Best was fighting for an English title against Russell Goodwin from Eagles Gym in a 5x2 minute 76kgs bout. He could not get in close to use his amazing grappling techniques and was defeated by the Eagles fighter.
Two other local East Area fighters, Andy McKillican and Anthony Ferguson, both won their fights in Crawley.
McKillican, fighting at 65kgs in a 3x2 minute round bout took control in the second and third rounds. With strong grappling and knees, he won on a unanimous points decision.
Ferguson dominated his opponent with his usual style of strong punches and kicks. Fighting Adam Hunter from Lumpini Gym at 60kgs in 3x2 minute rounds, he won on a unanimous decision.
To train locally with East Area, call instructor Rob Brooks on 07799 646031.