Trio help Herts A win
Three Stevenage Town players were involved as Hertfordshire s second string demolished Middlesex. Herts A won 64-5 against Middlesex County Clubs XV after blowing away all resistance in the first half of their match at Old Albanian last Wednesday evening.
Three Stevenage Town players were involved as Hertfordshire's second string demolished Middlesex.
Herts A won 64-5 against Middlesex County Clubs XV after blowing away all resistance in the first half of their match at Old Albanian last Wednesday evening.
They took a 45-nil lead at half time before Middlesex briefly rallied in the second half.
Stevenage's youth rugby development officer Gareth Lewis and Ian Crompton started, while Neil Bamber came on as a replacement.
You may also want to watch:
Right winger Crompton scored the third try before adding the seventh score and last one of the first half when he chased his kick ahead on the stroke of half time.
After Middlesex scored after the interval, Lewis finished off a move that also involved Crompton. Lewis converted the last try to complete the scoring.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site