Trio at the national championships
Richard s Trampoline Club had a trio of representatives at the British Championships at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham. This is where the best in the country compete together over the two days. Elliot Stratton was desperately hoping for a medal,
Richard's Trampoline Club had a trio of representatives at the British Championships at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.
This is where the best in the country compete together over the two days.
Elliot Stratton was desperately hoping for a medal, after finishing in sixth place at his last British Championships in 2006.
But after dislocating his shoulder just weeks before, he was not fully prepared.
He made a fantastic start though with his set routine, and was awarded with some good scores that put him in third place.
Moving on to the voluntary routine, he struggled to bounce in the middle of the trampoline.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map
He rapidly reduced the difficulty level to ensure he could finish the routine, but this left him down in 11th place overall.
It was Nick Ledwold's first time at the Brits, and he handled the pressure extremely well.
He performed two good routines, with just a small amount of travel.
There was slightly more travel in his voluntary routine, but the 13 year old made it through without having to reduce his difficulty level. He finished in 18th place.
Rosannamay Cannon made a good start with her set routine, showing good improvement since she last competed this routine.
She made it through her voluntary routine, using a new harder routine that she had not used before at competition.
Her form marks were not the best that she is capable of, and she needs to further increase her difficulty level to be a contender at this level.