Trio at the national championships
Richard s Trampoline Club had a trio of representatives at the British Championships at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham. This is where the best in the country compete together over the two days. Elliot Stratton was desperately hoping for a medal,
Richard's Trampoline Club had a trio of representatives at the British Championships at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.
This is where the best in the country compete together over the two days.
Elliot Stratton was desperately hoping for a medal, after finishing in sixth place at his last British Championships in 2006.
But after dislocating his shoulder just weeks before, he was not fully prepared.
He made a fantastic start though with his set routine, and was awarded with some good scores that put him in third place.
Moving on to the voluntary routine, he struggled to bounce in the middle of the trampoline.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 8 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
He rapidly reduced the difficulty level to ensure he could finish the routine, but this left him down in 11th place overall.
It was Nick Ledwold's first time at the Brits, and he handled the pressure extremely well.
He performed two good routines, with just a small amount of travel.
There was slightly more travel in his voluntary routine, but the 13 year old made it through without having to reduce his difficulty level. He finished in 18th place.
Rosannamay Cannon made a good start with her set routine, showing good improvement since she last competed this routine.
She made it through her voluntary routine, using a new harder routine that she had not used before at competition.
Her form marks were not the best that she is capable of, and she needs to further increase her difficulty level to be a contender at this level.