Trio at the national championships
Richard s Trampoline Club had a trio of representatives at the British Championships at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham. This is where the best in the country compete together over the two days. Elliot Stratton was desperately hoping for a medal,
Richard's Trampoline Club had a trio of representatives at the British Championships at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.
This is where the best in the country compete together over the two days.
Elliot Stratton was desperately hoping for a medal, after finishing in sixth place at his last British Championships in 2006.
But after dislocating his shoulder just weeks before, he was not fully prepared.
You may also want to watch:
He made a fantastic start though with his set routine, and was awarded with some good scores that put him in third place.
Moving on to the voluntary routine, he struggled to bounce in the middle of the trampoline.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 6 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 7 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
He rapidly reduced the difficulty level to ensure he could finish the routine, but this left him down in 11th place overall.
It was Nick Ledwold's first time at the Brits, and he handled the pressure extremely well.
He performed two good routines, with just a small amount of travel.
There was slightly more travel in his voluntary routine, but the 13 year old made it through without having to reduce his difficulty level. He finished in 18th place.
Rosannamay Cannon made a good start with her set routine, showing good improvement since she last competed this routine.
She made it through her voluntary routine, using a new harder routine that she had not used before at competition.
Her form marks were not the best that she is capable of, and she needs to further increase her difficulty level to be a contender at this level.