Hitchin triathlete Kevin Holt is gearing up for a double tilt at major titles this year. The 25-year-old has been picked to take part in the European long course championships in Holland in August followed by the world long course championships in Austral
Hitchin triathlete Kevin Holt is gearing up for a double tilt at major titles this year.
The 25-year-old has been picked to take part in the European long course championships in Holland in August followed by the world long course championships in Australia in November.
He will be representing Great Britain in the competitive 25-29 age group at the two events which are both a 4000m swim, 40 mile cycle and 18 mile run.
"I'm realistically aiming for a medal at both the Europeans and Worlds," said Holt who appeared at both the championships in the younger age group in 2004.
"I even perform better in the heat so I'm not worried about going to Australia."
As well as being sponsored by SBR (Swim, Bike, Run) in Windsor, Kevin runs for North Herts Road Runners and cycles for Hitchin Nomads.
- 1 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 2 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 3 Man allegedly assaulted and robbed woman in Stevenage park
- 4 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 7 Captain uses his head but Stevenage make win over Rochdale harder than it should have been
- 8 'My mum was eligible for Covid-19 drugs - so why didn't she get them?'
- 9 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 10 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
His training involves 20-25 hours a week and includes gym work as well as the three triathlon disciplines. He is currently only a part-time triathlete and is looking to be a lifeguard at Hitchin Swimming Centre to supplement his income.
He continued: "I've gone from strength to strength since I've increased my amount of training.
"You don't peak as a triathlete until you are 29 or 30 and my best is yet to come.
"I would love to go full time at some time but it's finding the backing and the funding. You have to make it on your own before people get attracted to you."
If you are interested in backing Kevin, please call 01462 623750 or 07929 384430 to discuss details. Sponsorship money will be used for accommodation, flights and to pay for his GB kit!