Trials to pick top talent
THOSE interested in playing one of the region s fastest growing girls sports are invited to go along to Stevenage Rugby Club this Sunday afternoon. The county s first development day of the new season is being held at North Road. On the day that England
THOSE interested in playing one of the region's fastest growing girls' sports are invited to go along to Stevenage Rugby Club this Sunday afternoon.
The county's first development day of the new season is being held at North Road.
On the day that England Women are due to be taking on New Zealand in women's rugby World Cup final in Canada, Hertfordshire are aiming to help unearth the next generation of international stars.
Nine girls from Herts clubs were selected to take part in special RFUW summer training camps and county coaches will be looking for more girls with the potential to play at the highest level. In addition the county's under-17 and under-14 squads for the coming season will be selected.
All of the county's girls' clubs will be represented on the day and will welcome new players of all abilities.
Any girls aged 11-17 are welcome to go along.
- 1 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 2 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 3 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 6 'Keep us safe' - schoolchildren's plea for crossing at Norton demonstration
- 7 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 8 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 9 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 10 Still more to come too says Brett Donnelly as Stotfold's title challenge is given a boost
Registration will begin at 1.30pm and the day will end around 4pm.
P Letchworth's girls are looking forward to their most challenging season so far.
A virtually new team is being created by coach Rachel Ansbro at under-14 level. Any girls aged 11-13 are welcome to Letchworth Rugby Club on Wednesdays between 6-7pm, or most Sunday mornings between 10.30am and midday.
The under-17 squad has developed to become one of the biggest and most exciting in the county.
They also train on Sundays, as well as from 7-8pm on Wednesdays and any girls aged 14-17 will be made welcome.