Treble dream ends
Stotfold s treble dream is over after they were beaten 2-1 at Langford in the North Beds Charity Cup semi-final on Tuesday night. After Brad Gillham kept out two early chances for Rob Groves and Wes Byrne, Callum Donnelly s break down the right and ball i
Stotfold's treble dream is over after they were beaten 2-1 at Langford in the North Beds Charity Cup semi-final on Tuesday night.
After Brad Gillham kept out two early chances for Rob Groves and Wes Byrne, Callum Donnelly's break down the right and ball into the middle was met by Ricky Case to open the scoring on 10 minutes.
A spell of pressure for Langford at the end of an even half was rewarded in the 44th minute when Byrne was put through on the right to fire the ball under Gillham.
The second half started with Andy Carter shooting over the bar from close range and Paul Garrett glancing a header wide of the far post from Joel Mason's cross from the left.
You may also want to watch:
A shot from Groves straight at Gillham was followed by a header from Louis Lee at Steve Young shortly afterwards.
Good work on the left by Adam Pitcairn and a good strike by Byrne produced the winner on 78 minutes.
- 1 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 2 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 5 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 6 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 7 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
- 10 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
Stotfold will face Leighton Town in the final of the Beds Senior Cup at Luton Town's Kenilworth Road on Monday, May 12.