Town win the derby
There was a home derby at the weekend for Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC as they met Stevenage Town Bowls Club! Reversing the fortunes of recent weeks, Stevenage Town emerged the victors by 20 shots (80-60). Stevenage Leisure Centre won on only one of the f
There was a home derby at the weekend for Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC as they met Stevenage Town Bowls Club!
Reversing the fortunes of recent weeks, Stevenage Town emerged the victors by 20 shots (80-60).
Stevenage Leisure Centre won on only one of the four rinks.
That rink was skipped by Angela Newstead, with Ron Riley, Dennis Playle and Evelyn Coombes.
You may also want to watch:
P Stevenage Nomads won by 14 shots (78-64) against Harpenden on Sunday. Their top winning rink was Joan Hazell, Jean Roffery, Joan James and Charlie Brown (22-13).
P Herts IBA won Saturday's friendly against the London and Southern Counties at Luton.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 7 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
The county side won by 51 shots (139-88).
Colin Cole from Stevenage Senior Citizens was awarded his colt badge. He now has to play five county games in three seasons to be presented with his full blazer badge.
Herts IBA were well beaten in their Courtenay Cup league match in Surrey last Wednesday.
They won only one of the six rinks to lose by 47 shots (147-100) at Camberley IBC.
Riverain's Alan Cross was part of their only winning rink (27-14) as their title hopes took a knock.