Town win the derby
There was a home derby at the weekend for Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC as they met Stevenage Town Bowls Club! Reversing the fortunes of recent weeks, Stevenage Town emerged the victors by 20 shots (80-60). Stevenage Leisure Centre won on only one of the f
There was a home derby at the weekend for Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC as they met Stevenage Town Bowls Club!
Reversing the fortunes of recent weeks, Stevenage Town emerged the victors by 20 shots (80-60).
Stevenage Leisure Centre won on only one of the four rinks.
That rink was skipped by Angela Newstead, with Ron Riley, Dennis Playle and Evelyn Coombes.
P Stevenage Nomads won by 14 shots (78-64) against Harpenden on Sunday. Their top winning rink was Joan Hazell, Jean Roffery, Joan James and Charlie Brown (22-13).
P Herts IBA won Saturday's friendly against the London and Southern Counties at Luton.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
The county side won by 51 shots (139-88).
Colin Cole from Stevenage Senior Citizens was awarded his colt badge. He now has to play five county games in three seasons to be presented with his full blazer badge.
Herts IBA were well beaten in their Courtenay Cup league match in Surrey last Wednesday.
They won only one of the six rinks to lose by 47 shots (147-100) at Camberley IBC.
Riverain's Alan Cross was part of their only winning rink (27-14) as their title hopes took a knock.