Town win the derby
There was a home derby at the weekend for Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC as they met Stevenage Town Bowls Club! Reversing the fortunes of recent weeks, Stevenage Town emerged the victors by 20 shots (80-60). Stevenage Leisure Centre won on only one of the f
There was a home derby at the weekend for Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC as they met Stevenage Town Bowls Club!
Reversing the fortunes of recent weeks, Stevenage Town emerged the victors by 20 shots (80-60).
Stevenage Leisure Centre won on only one of the four rinks.
That rink was skipped by Angela Newstead, with Ron Riley, Dennis Playle and Evelyn Coombes.
P Stevenage Nomads won by 14 shots (78-64) against Harpenden on Sunday. Their top winning rink was Joan Hazell, Jean Roffery, Joan James and Charlie Brown (22-13).
P Herts IBA won Saturday's friendly against the London and Southern Counties at Luton.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 8 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 9 End of an era? Future of Crucial Crew scheme relies on new co-ordinators
- 10 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival set to make triumphant return
The county side won by 51 shots (139-88).
Colin Cole from Stevenage Senior Citizens was awarded his colt badge. He now has to play five county games in three seasons to be presented with his full blazer badge.
Herts IBA were well beaten in their Courtenay Cup league match in Surrey last Wednesday.
They won only one of the six rinks to lose by 47 shots (147-100) at Camberley IBC.
Riverain's Alan Cross was part of their only winning rink (27-14) as their title hopes took a knock.