Tourists win just one out of four
Riverain Bowls Club enjoyed their tour to Cromer despite winning just one of their four matches. Friday saw their one victory as they beat Roundwood by four shots (118-114). Skips names only: J Smith lost 20-28, J Ireland lost 10-22, P Goodwin won 31-8, S
Riverain Bowls Club enjoyed their tour to Cromer despite winning just one of their four matches.
Friday saw their one victory as they beat Roundwood by four shots (118-114).
Skips names only: J Smith lost 20-28, J Ireland lost 10-22, P Goodwin won 31-8, Sam Skinner lost 13-30, Jim Baird won 18-17, B Beedel won 26-9.
Saturday was the first of three defeats as they went down by 44 shots (126-82) to Pinewood Park.
Skips names only: Ray Hughes lost 9-29, Gerry Edwards lost 12-22, David Webb lost 13-18, Diane Porter lost 16-25, Shirley Hughes won 18-14, Don Edwards lost 14-18.
Riverain were thrashed by 67 shots (152-85) by North Walsham on Sunday.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 3 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
- 4 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 5 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 6 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 7 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 8 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 9 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 10 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
Skips names only: Jim Ireland lost 6-44, Jim Baird won 30-8, Sam Skinner lost 12-20, B Beedel lost 11-28, Pat Goodwin lost 11-33, J Smith lost 15-19.
The final day of the tour on Monday saw Riverain lose by 31 shots (138-107) to Turpins.
Skips names only: Diane Porter lost 16-30, David Webb won 23-20, Don Edwards won 23-13, Charlie Brown lost 12-23, Shirley Hughes won 21-19, Ray Hughes lost 12-33.
Riverain won their weekend friendly against Desborough by 36 shots (134-98).
Skips names only: Doug Major lost 17-18, Bob Wells won 44-6, Roger Shinner lost 11-25, Derek Clark won 20-18, Brian Mills won 23-20, Mick Judd won 19-11.
* The annual inter-club trophy match between the Senior Citizens and Stevenage Leisure took place last Thursday.
This year it was the Senior Citizens' turn to host, so although both teams play at Stevenage Leisure Centre, SLC IBC were technically the away side!
A friendly game saw the Senior Citizens take the Matador Trophy by winning three rinks and losing only one (88-62).
SLC IBC's only winning rink was that of Betty Barnett, Joyce Williams, Les Carr and Mary Mothersill (skip).