Mount Pleasant Golf Club in Lower Stondon has staged its captain s Drive In nine-hole competition. Sixty players were involved and the winners were Paul Curley and Mick Furr. The sweepstake on the combined length of the captain s drives was won by Di Li
Mount Pleasant Golf Club in Lower Stondon has staged its captain's 'Drive In' nine-hole competition.
Sixty players were involved and the winners were Paul Curley and Mick Furr.
The sweepstake on the combined length of the captain's drives was won by Di Little.
Mount Pleasant was one of the few nine-hole courses to be awarded a silver medal in the 2006 regional course rankings run by Golf Monthly and sponsored by HSBC.
You may also want to watch:
Don Hales was elected as club captain at the recent annual meeting.
Other officers are - vice-captain: Brian Sapsed, senior captain: Colin Parton, vice-captain: David Young, ladies' captain: Margaret Budgen, vice-captain: Jacqui Dare.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
The club is also sponsoring a handicap hurdle at Towcester Racecourse this Sunday.