Mount Pleasant Golf Club in Lower Stondon has staged its captain s Drive In nine-hole competition. Sixty players were involved and the winners were Paul Curley and Mick Furr. The sweepstake on the combined length of the captain s drives was won by Di Li
Mount Pleasant Golf Club in Lower Stondon has staged its captain's 'Drive In' nine-hole competition.
Sixty players were involved and the winners were Paul Curley and Mick Furr.
The sweepstake on the combined length of the captain's drives was won by Di Little.
Mount Pleasant was one of the few nine-hole courses to be awarded a silver medal in the 2006 regional course rankings run by Golf Monthly and sponsored by HSBC.
Don Hales was elected as club captain at the recent annual meeting.
Other officers are - vice-captain: Brian Sapsed, senior captain: Colin Parton, vice-captain: David Young, ladies' captain: Margaret Budgen, vice-captain: Jacqui Dare.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
The club is also sponsoring a handicap hurdle at Towcester Racecourse this Sunday.