Mount Pleasant Golf Club in Lower Stondon has staged its captain s Drive In nine-hole competition. Sixty players were involved and the winners were Paul Curley and Mick Furr. The sweepstake on the combined length of the captain s drives was won by Di Li
Mount Pleasant Golf Club in Lower Stondon has staged its captain's 'Drive In' nine-hole competition.
Sixty players were involved and the winners were Paul Curley and Mick Furr.
The sweepstake on the combined length of the captain's drives was won by Di Little.
Mount Pleasant was one of the few nine-hole courses to be awarded a silver medal in the 2006 regional course rankings run by Golf Monthly and sponsored by HSBC.
Don Hales was elected as club captain at the recent annual meeting.
Other officers are - vice-captain: Brian Sapsed, senior captain: Colin Parton, vice-captain: David Young, ladies' captain: Margaret Budgen, vice-captain: Jacqui Dare.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 4 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 7 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Standalone Farm to reopen with host of activities in time for half term
The club is also sponsoring a handicap hurdle at Towcester Racecourse this Sunday.