Title at last
THE nearly men of The Red Lion from Potton finally clinched their first ever Stotfold and District Darts League title. They finished an emphatic 15 points clear of title specialists The Two Pots (Arlesey) in this season s summer league. Another first was
THE nearly men of The Red Lion from Potton finally clinched their first ever Stotfold and District Darts League title.
They finished an emphatic 15 points clear of title specialists The Two Pots (Arlesey) in this season's summer league.
Another first was recorded as former county player Pete Dilley (Two Pots) powered to the singles title, beating off a brave challenge by youngster Rikki Clark (ATFC) - pictured.
Dilley, who has many successes under his belt, now has his sights set on the winter league singles.
Daniel Albon and Trevor Ellacott (Two Pots) outscored the Spring brothers, Chris and Steve, from Red Lion in the pairs final.
The Conservative Club (Letchworth) provided both the men's and ladies' highest checkout winners - Paul Herbert (160) and Samantha Keeble (90). Herbert also took the Captain's Cup.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 7 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
- 8 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
Ellacott was the recipient of the most 180s cup and all the trophies were presented by the new British Open darts champion Mick Reed.