Bragbury are the Saracens Herts League Division 10 champions this season. A win on Saturday against Old Elizabethans 2nds saw them take the title with a match still to play. Bragbury, eager to play following two rained off weeks, won the toss and elected
Bragbury are the Saracens Herts League Division 10 champions this season.
A win on Saturday against Old Elizabethans 2nds saw them take the title with a match still to play.
Bragbury, eager to play following two rained off weeks, won the toss and elected to field.
With four points needed for automatic promotion for the second season running, things looked good as wickets fell at regular intervals.
Old Elizabethans, struggling in the gloomy conditions, were finally bowled out in the 53rd over for 142 to guarantee promotion. Craig Braine, bowling unchanged from one end, finished with best ever figures of 6-67.
In reply, Bragbury made a slow start and after 27 overs, they had scored a measly 40 runs but only two wickets had fallen. Bragbury then rose to their challenge and passed the target with more than two overs to spare.
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 10 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
Simon Wagstaff (67) found the perfect time to record his first fifty for the club.
With the two chasing clubs having their game against each other rained off, Bragbury now cannot be caught with one game remaining.