Three-way bet for Riverain Bowls Club
Riverain Bowls Club had a three-way bet in the national championships at Nottingham. Their best result was reaching the quarter-finals in the national fours. The highlight was the second round where they beat the team skipped by England international Bill
Riverain Bowls Club had a three-way bet in the national championships at Nottingham.
Their best result was reaching the quarter-finals in the national fours. The highlight was the second round where they beat the team skipped by England international Billy Jackson from Lincoln.
The four of Mick Allen, Martin Brackley, Darren Hickin and skip Tony Webb beat Bounds Green 26-10 in the first round, Lincoln 21-18 in the second round before losing 23-5 to Egham in the last eight.
Unfortunately the pairs and the singles went out in the first rounds.
Allen and skip Webb went down 21-11 to Betteshanger in the pairs, while Webb was beaten 21-8 by Glenn Skip (Hartlepool) in the singles.
Riverain's end of season club finals were also played out over the weekend.
- 1 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 2 Man threatened partner with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
Ladies' singles: winner - Shirley Hughes; runner-up - Barbara Eddington.
Men's singles: winner - Tony Webb; runner-up - Darren Hickin.
Men's pairs: winner - Dennis Eddington and Tony Webb; runners-up - Richard Andrews and Ian Randall.
Ladies' pairs: winners - Joyce Ralph and Noreen Gazeley; runners-up - Diane Tribe and Sue Larkins.
Men's triples: winners - Graham Cross, Brian Leadley and Alan Cross; runners-up: Mike Mahoney, G Sullivan and Les Parsley.
Ladies' triples: winners - Enid Newman, Shay Mumford and Diane Porter; runners-up - Betty Edwards, Barbara Turner and Barbara Clark.
Mixed pairs: winners - Angie Fabris and Mike Wadsworth; runners-up - Shay Mumford and Alan Warren.
Men's triples: winners - Mike Mahoney, Tom Power and Les Parsley; runners-up: Ron Hayward, Colin Thurstance and Bert Rolph.
Riverain won both weekend friendlies - against Ladygate on Saturday (230-127) and Gloucester Park on Sunday (164-146).
Skips names only (versus Ladygate): Ivan Izzard won 47-11, Doug Major won 32-14, Sam Skinner won 28-16, Dave Webb won 29-16, Mick Hyde won 28-14, Bob Wells won 31-10, Dave Turner lost 15-22, Mick Judd lost 20-24.
Skips names only (versus Gloucester Park): Pat Clark lost 9-30, Paul Bryant lost 17-19, Daniel Sheenan won 23-14, Derek Clark won 24-19, Mina Reid won 24-13, Steve Chamberlain lost 21-25, Pat Smith won 17-12, Alan Holloway won 29-14.
* Sunday was also finals day at Stevenage Leisure Centre IBC.
In the men's final, Brian Gilbert beat Aidan Heritage by 21 shots to nine, taking 20 ends to achieve this.
For the ladies, Sue Cole beat Angela Newstead by 21 shots to seven, this time in 17 ends.
The pairs saw Pat Makin and Paddy Jones beat Ted and Stacey by 21 shots to 15, taking 21 ends.
As a fun way to end the season, there were also had two rinks of ladies versus gents - the ladies beat the gents by six shots overall.