Three off as Stotfold draw
STOTFOLD clinched a point away to Sleaford, but the game was marred by three sending offs. A bitter finish to the game led to straight red cards for Sleaford s Tommy Hull and Nick Bishop after a bout of pushing and shoving, and Stotfold s Andrew Iwediunos
STOTFOLD clinched a point away to Sleaford, but the game was marred by three sending offs.
A bitter finish to the game led to straight red cards for Sleaford's Tommy Hull and Nick Bishop after a bout of pushing and shoving, and Stotfold's Andrew Iwediunos following his reaction to a Glen Maddison challenge.
Before the dismissals the game had been an entertaining one with both sides going close.
Ryan Aldrin had two good chances in the first five minutes to put Stotfold ahead but both of his one-on-one chances were saved.
You may also want to watch:
Clive Wetherall in the Stotfold goal was also called into action a couple of times early on when he got down well to stop Michael Stones' effort from the right and saved Matt Lunn's free kick from the middle.
The teams went in 0-0 at the break, despite more chances later in the half.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
Stotfold's better second half possession paid off in the 68th minute when Nathan Moulton jumped to beat Andrew Scott to a Callum Donnelly cross and head over the line.
But reminiscent of last season's fixture, after Stotfold had taken the lead their opponents equalised.
With what appeared to be little more than a slip inside the box from Sleaford's Peter Sutton, the referee pointed to the spot and Matt Lunn converted on 76 minutes.
Stotfold had a couple of their own penalty shouts turned down and the game ended with three sending offs but no other goals.
Stotfold: Wetherall, Rennie, Donnelly, Bryant, A Iwediuno, C Donnelly (D Iwediuno), Mitchell, Hull, B Donnelly, Moulton, Aldrin (Michael Davis). Sub: Cottenden