Three off as Stotfold draw
STOTFOLD clinched a point away to Sleaford, but the game was marred by three sending offs. A bitter finish to the game led to straight red cards for Sleaford s Tommy Hull and Nick Bishop after a bout of pushing and shoving, and Stotfold s Andrew Iwediunos
STOTFOLD clinched a point away to Sleaford, but the game was marred by three sending offs.
A bitter finish to the game led to straight red cards for Sleaford's Tommy Hull and Nick Bishop after a bout of pushing and shoving, and Stotfold's Andrew Iwediunos following his reaction to a Glen Maddison challenge.
Before the dismissals the game had been an entertaining one with both sides going close.
Ryan Aldrin had two good chances in the first five minutes to put Stotfold ahead but both of his one-on-one chances were saved.
You may also want to watch:
Clive Wetherall in the Stotfold goal was also called into action a couple of times early on when he got down well to stop Michael Stones' effort from the right and saved Matt Lunn's free kick from the middle.
The teams went in 0-0 at the break, despite more chances later in the half.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
Stotfold's better second half possession paid off in the 68th minute when Nathan Moulton jumped to beat Andrew Scott to a Callum Donnelly cross and head over the line.
But reminiscent of last season's fixture, after Stotfold had taken the lead their opponents equalised.
With what appeared to be little more than a slip inside the box from Sleaford's Peter Sutton, the referee pointed to the spot and Matt Lunn converted on 76 minutes.
Stotfold had a couple of their own penalty shouts turned down and the game ended with three sending offs but no other goals.
Stotfold: Wetherall, Rennie, Donnelly, Bryant, A Iwediuno, C Donnelly (D Iwediuno), Mitchell, Hull, B Donnelly, Moulton, Aldrin (Michael Davis). Sub: Cottenden